Satriani preset update using Firmware 3.01

Electric1Gypsy

Inspired
Ok so, I have updated this preset again using firmware 3.01. I also include an improvisational piece using the preset from my Soundcloud account. The main rhythm parts were recorded using scene 1 with drive on and the lead parts were recorded using scene 2 drive off, and that is it. Now about the preset, there are only two scenes on this preset, the reason being is that Joe normally has two main settings. One with drive on and one with drive off . He mostly uses the volume knob to roll back the volume on clean parts when he plays live. Obviously in the studio it is a different story.

Anyways this preset is based on live performances as well as a premiere guitar rig video here

Scene 1 is a clean channel, drive on or off per taste. I prefer drive on then roll back the volume knob. The second scene is the lead channel, drive off, I usually turn on the drive if I really need it to scream, but normally off. The pitch block is based off of Joe's song "Why" it sounds best on scene one. The octavia drive block is based on a live version of Joe's sound when he was playing Cool #9 on a live performances.. This update includes the latest Marshal JS410 amp orange for the lead scene, and I use the Brit JM45 amp for the clean channel for scene 1. I wish the JS410 clean channel was include in the new update. The Chorus block is based on Joe's song "Circles" but that is with a mix of around 50.0%, I normally keep it around 20.5% in general.

If you look at the pic I included I have the looper below the main path, what I usually do is move it up, record the loop, and then move it down after. I have it running through the mixer so I can control the volume better, the live sound is much better with the looper below and not part of the main path, I brought this up before, and some say that it is just a volume difference having the looper in the path but if you try it you can tell it is much more than that. At least from what I hear, anyways I hope you guys like the preset.

Enjoy

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=4240

Satriani.png

Satriani2.jpg

Last edited:
This patch is really excellent.

One note: when you change to Scene 2 you switch the AMP1 block to the Y side. That puts a little lag on going back to Scene 1 from Scene 2. Keep it on the X side in Scene 2 and Scene 1 to 2 switching is even faster.

I downloaded your blocks (I have MK2) from the preset you put up last week. Did anything change besides the firmware?

This patch is really excellent.

One note: when you change to Scene 2 you switch the AMP1 block to the Y side. That puts a little lag on going back to Scene 1 from Scene 2. Keep it on the X side in Scene 2 and Scene 1 to 2 switching is even faster.

Thanks for the tip I will do that

I downloaded your blocks (I have MK2) from the preset you put up last week. Did anything change besides the firmware?

Yes I have made some modifications. I matched scene one and scene two a bit scene two is a bit brighter now and sounds a bit more equal two scene one.

Last edited:
mmmm too bad... Have MKii ;)
Do you have a MKii version (or did some-one make a MKii version)
And else: do you have the blocks (never tried, but it's time I guess hahaha)

thank you for the preset!

I have read through a couple times but didn't see any mention of user IR.

It may be that it is too early and I haven't had any coffee.

Back
Top Bottom