Satriani - Love Thing cover. Quantum 1.03 through Atomic CLRs 'in the room'

ZenRigs Man

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Trying to get my chops back together after a pinched-nerve related hiatus of about 3 months and am recording myself playing again to work on my playing. Here's noodle on one of my favourite Satch tracks. Full of slop and bum notes, but just thrilled with the tone I'm getting from the trusty black box :)

Sound is coming out of 2 atomic CLRs and was captured in the room on a little Zoom recorder.

Patch is attached to this post - it's pretty straightforward. The only slightly funky thing I've done is use a mixer block to switch between Wah and Whammy (pitch), which I toggle with a switch on the MFC. Other than that, factory cabs and nothing particularly clever :)

It's quite a dark sounding patch at lower volume - this is set to sing when you crank your monitor a bit. Hope u get some fun out of it!

Sukh

Attachments

• KickTags - Satriani Love Thing.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
That is a very nice tone. I'd like to see that preset...
Was the wah an auto wah, or are you controlling that with a pedal? I see your foot moving ever so slightly, but I can't tell.

Trying to get my chops back together after a pinched-nerve related hiatus of about 3 months and am recording myself playing again to work on my playing. Here's noodle on one of my favourite Satch tracks. Full of slop and bum notes, but just thrilled with the tone I'm getting from the trusty black box :)

Sound is coming out of 2 atomic CLRs and was captured in the room on a little Zoom recorder.

Love that song. Would you share that patch?

Ok! Sorry for the delay folks - been somewhat busy. Here's the patch, which is pretty straightforward, nothing kooky going on except the use of a mixer block (controlled by a switch on the MFC) to toggle between Whammy and Wah on the same pedal. Factory cabs in use, so hopefully this'll work for u all.

This is quite a dark sounding patch at low volume, and needs a little volume for it to really sing. Enjoy!

Sukh

(I'll try to add it to the OP as well if I can)

Attachments

• KickTags - Satriani Love Thing.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom