Sarcastic Answers to Common Forum Questions

GM Arts

Fractal Fanatic
Not to be taken seriously, just having a bit of fun :)

What’s the best <anything>?
For you? Who knows? Lots of people will tell you that what they have is the best, but won’t tell you what they compared them to, nor how they tested it to come to that conclusion. See also “What is the best colour?”

This <something> absolutely rocks!
We’re very pleased you’ve found something that absolutely rocks. Of course, this is of no value to us, because we have no idea what your musical tastes are, nor how much more it rocks than to whatever you compared it to, if anything. By the way, my grandfather has a really excellent chair on his front porch that rocks too!

Need awesome <whatever> tone for gig tonight
That’s nice. Good luck. An excellent time to start making an effort to learn how to use your gear would be now.

Just uploaded new firmware and it sounds different
Ah, I see your mistake. You need to keep uploading the old firmware to keep your old sounds.

AxeFX destroyed my <whatever>
While we’re truly sorry you’ve suffered a loss, the AxeFX does not yet possess artificial intelligence to seek out and destroy other objects in your room. Recommend you find out what silly mistake you made so you don’t do it again.

Problem playing Eruption with guitar connected to AxeFX Line Out
You can’t really play Eruption, can you?

Haha! I will play.

Is the Axe worth it?
The best way to find an objective answer is to ask the thousands of people who have spent thousands of dollars.

How do I get that "in the room" sound?
Maybe go into another room?

I'm having trouble dialing in a high-gain sound.
Really? You are the first, don't bother searching the forum.

Hmm, that is fun.

When is the Axe III going to come out?
As soon as you buy the Axe II.

I'm trying to get a rhythm sound a bit like a sheep, but in the room, and a little less Marshally. Why can't the Axe do this?
Mu.

I bought the Axe, and I still don't sound like Misha/Petrucci/Tosin/Vai. What a rip off.
What? he was supposed to come in the box with the Axe Fx and give you a year's worth of personal lessons!

Is the Axe Fx 2 better than a Toaster?
Almost everyone on this forum actually would have preferred a toaster, but they are too lazy to switch. Ironically, almost everyone on the toaster forum wished they had an Axe Fx 2 for the same reason.

Can the Axe Fx 2 nail the sound of a <anything>?
It’s surprisingly hard to put nails in a sound, even if you use a nail gun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Paid over 2 grand for an Axe and my playing still sucks what can I do to dial this out?
Turn the "Suck more/less" parameter on the I/O page all the way down, do a ArtistMatch (next to the ToneMatch page), reseason the "Suck more/less" parameter to taste and your good to go dude!

AxeFX destroyed my <whatever>
While we’re truly sorry you’ve suffered a loss, the AxeFX does not yet possess artificial intelligence to seek out and destroy other objects in your room. Recommend you find out what silly mistake you made so you don’t do it again.

This made me laugh uncontrollably. Thank you for making my night man. Here's to hoping for AI in the AxeIII.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do i get Slashtone?

Have fun answering this one....

When is the Fractal AxeFx Floor unit coming out?

Soon! :lol

Crackling noises when using USB recording on the Axe FX

Dam it, upgrade that dam 1998 computer already! cheap bastard.

:playful:

I was a bit miffed that Cliff was punishing ALL of us kids, when it was only JHP612 who was touching himself.

But I've gotten over it by now...;)

I have a handwired Moogy Booger, a 20 tube 1000 Watt custom power amp, a Bradshaw Fx board and 42 4x12 Vintage Marshall cabs. Can the Axe really replace all this?

Yes, but only if you sell the other stuff.

Back
Top Bottom