Sappy post/song alert. You've been warned.

Jiffzillla

Experienced
Ok, so the woman I wanted to grow old with decided to throw in the towel about a month ago and I'm trying to win her back. No drama. Nobody cheated, lied, stole. Nothing like that. Not sure what happened. Just know I have to have her back and I'm posting this here just to send it out to the universe and let the vibes do their thing.

Axe-FX on the intro and verses is on the right side.
Axe-FX in the chorus is on both sides.
And Axe-FX for the solo is straight down the middle.

Look, the song has issues. Not the least of which is my poor attempt at singing. But I figured getting someone to sing it for me wouldn't have as much impact. Y'know? Anyway, check it out. And if you'd be so kind as to send a wish on my behalf to the powers that be, it'd be greatly appreciated.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_so ... ID=8968792

You get her back now!

you-can-do-it.jpg

Well, if I were that girl, this would work.... but then, it would also be really weird that I was your chick. No offense to you.

Nice song and the vocals weren't bad!

Jiffzillla said:
Ok, so the woman I wanted to grow old with decided to throw in the towel about a month ago and I'm trying to win her back. No drama. Nobody cheated, lied, stole. Nothing like that. Not sure what happened.

Not sure what happened? I'll tell ya....SHE'S BANGING ANOTHER DUDE AS WE SPEAK!

Sidivan said:
Well, if I were that girl, this would work.... but then, it would also be really weird that I was your chick. No offense to you.

Nice song and the vocals weren't bad!

No offense taken :lol: And thanks for the kind words.

AlbertA said:
Jiffzillla said:
Ok, so the woman I wanted to grow old with decided to throw in the towel about a month ago and I'm trying to win her back. No drama. Nobody cheated, lied, stole. Nothing like that. Not sure what happened.

Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine...look, if you're bitter because some girl did this to you, then I'm sorry and I kinda understand. It's happened to me in the past too. Probably has happened to most of us. But no, she's not "banging another dude" as you so eloquently put it. But thanks for your input. :roll:

Jiff
You've done your best. Good luck with your girl, at the very least you've got a great song out of it, and maybe a few more. Keep writing.

It's this simple: If she's too stupid to see who you really are and all you offer, then why are you wasting your time? You need to raise your expectations dude.

Life is too short, and my god man--do you have a clue how many women (who make this one look like a loser) are out there?!! Wake up and pull yourself together man!!!

I hope you guys get back together. And don't worry about the vocals... it's actually better that she thinks it's not perfect so it adds the factor of you really trying although you're not experienced. I also like the fact that every member is suddenly Hitch. :D

Clark Kent said:
I hope you guys get back together. And don't worry about the vocals... it's actually better that she thinks it's not perfect so it adds the factor of you really trying although you're not experienced. I also like the fact that every member is suddenly Hitch. :D

*ahem*

i went the rob schneider route.

YOU CAN DO EET.

Thanks for all the kind words, fellas. I dropped off the CD last Thursday night. Tried to get an opinion from her on it on Friday, but she wasn't talking. So she either hated it or it got to her in a good way. We shall see. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Mo, we can't talk anymore. :lol: :lol: j/k (I do hear the Bret Michaels thing in the chorus. Not sure how I feel about that. Didn't hit me till you said something. :roll: )

Solo-Act, while I appreciate the advice, I do have very high expectations. She exceeded all of them. She has two special-needs kids and I grew very attached to them as well. Was really looking forward to helping them navigate through life. I hope it can still happen. So unfortunately, it's not as easy as the "fish in the sea" viewpoint. I went 38 years without ever meeting someone I wanted to call my wife. She changed all that. That counts for something in my book. I hear what you're saying, I'm just not done fighting for it yet. But thanks. :)

Once again I'm no Hitch but relationships don't work like in the movies. What ever caused the break-up should be fixed. Unless she left you because you didn't sing for her you probably need a new plan. There are no bandaids to fix things like this. If you know why she left you you can still fix it but worst case scenario you don't have a clue why she left you then it's women's basic psychology: you don't fit her disney princess dream life that she's planned for her since she was 7. What did you do to get dumped? :(

Is that her in the picture on Soundclick? If so, can I get her number?? :D

Just kidding, man. If this song doesn't moisten her panties, I don't know what will.

My experience has been sappy crap doesn't work... well, it might make them feel sorry for you, might even get a pity fuck out of it, but it won't last. Most women quickly lose respect for a guy who goes puppy dog. Pull yourself together and give her a reason to miss you... instead of dreading seeing you.

AlbertA said:
Jiffzillla said:

Wow man, that's just incredibly low.

Good luck Jiffzillla ;)

Jiffzillla said:
Solo-Act, while I appreciate the advice, I do have very high expectations....I went 38 years without ever meeting someone I wanted to call my wife. She changed all that...
Let me get this right:
So what you're saying is because she exceeded the expectations you had, and because she's the one for YOU -- you don't expect her to feel the same way, in fact you're sort of OK with it as long as she comes around eventually.....WHAT??!!

The fact that you fell in love with her and she's 'the one' doesn't change the reality that you need someone who truly loves you for who you are and values all you have to offer. If you're going to put that basic need on the back burner because you're in love with her and looking after her and her children makes you feel good...then you have indeed lowered your expectations.

You're right -- one of you is asleep and needs to wake up to reality.......but which one?

If it's you, I'd accept and respect how she feels. Or you can wait until she slaps you in the face with that reality -- it's your choice. Until you raise your expectations and stand up for what you truly need out of a woman, this will keep happening to you.

I've had ex-girlfriends call me months or even years after breaking up because they finally "woke up" and realized what they let go of -- apologies, regrets, talk of getting back together. Fortunately I woke up long before they did, and though they did the dumping, ultimately it was me who severed the relationship.

BTW I just saw her photo and heard the song -- you're off her shopping list dude. And because she's a looker she'll be in someone else's arms very soon and you know that (which is why you're so desperate). Right now she's either sampling/being seduced by another guy or alone licking her wounds and getting ready to shop again because of whatever you did to f*** things up. Or maybe she did what one of my ex GFs did -- run into the arms of another woman. What did I do? I stood my ground and made sure she NEVER did that again....without me :lol:

Honestly, I've written sappy breakup songs, but I was never desperate (or stupid) enough to use one to get a girl back, not even when I was young and clueless.

Jiff
Take all this advice with a grain of salt. Just about everyone here (apologies to the gay community or serious musicians in denial) started playing guitar to get the girl, or, more often, girls. We are all rooting for you either to get her back or be strong and leave. Either way it makes us feel better. Follow your heart, dude, it knows better than we do.

Yes, that's a pic of her. No, you can't have her number. :D Thanks to everyone for the well wishes and for listening to the song. As for the people who think that I'm being desperate or stupid...whatever. You're entitled to your opinion I suppose. But there's a lot more to the story than I could ever type here or than you'd ever wanna read. It's not as black and white as you perceive it to be. (What in life is anyway?) I wanna believe that the negative posts weren't mean-spirited, so I'm holding my tongue. And while the "write-her-a-song-and-get-her-back-idea is not original and may not be the best thing to do, she always loved my music. So I figured I'd talk to her in a language we both understood and appreciated. What's done is done. Whatever. Y'know, music is largely an emotionally driven thing. It speaks where words fail. And I am an emotionally driven person. If that translates into anyone viewing me as a p@#$y, fine. Your opinion is worth exactly what I paid for it. I just posted this song here hoping to send out some good thoughts and feelings and hope you'd appreciate the sentiment and just wish me good luck. Some have done this and I thank you. Others have chosen to attack me and label my efforts "desperate" and "stupid". Again...whatever. To those who are hurting in any way, I hope you find some peace. To those whose lives couldn't be going any better, I hope it remains that way. We're all looking for the same things. I don't believe there's only one way to achieve a goal.

Peace and love and good happiness stuff,
Jeff

Back
Top Bottom