AFIII Santana Style - Mesa Mark IV sim

Very nice! Tip for future videos and others who might do similar things: because your YouTube title uses a Mesa trademark instead of "USA ... based on" I am a little bit more reluctant to share this.

The same might also be said for the artist name.

"USA Lead (based on Mesa) - Carlos style"

Very nice! Tip for future videos and others who might do similar things: because your YouTube title uses a Mesa trademark instead of "USA ... based on" I am a little bit more reluctant to share this.

The same might also be said for the artist name.

"USA Lead (based on Mesa) - Carlos style"

Thank you for the tips.
I correct the title.

Hi Marco, I have purchased your "Viva Santana" Axe-FX III preset and I have some observations:

Scene 1 "Lead" sounds very dark. The Amp is assigned to Channel B (USA Rhytm). I've changed it to Channel A (64 Bassguy Normal) and it sounds better. Closer to your video. Is Scene 1 meant to be assigned to Channel A?

Scene 2 "Crunch" and Scene 3 "Red" Amps are both assigned to Channel B (USA Rythm). The only difference is a drive on Scene 3 and a different CAB. Are they both supposed to be assigned to Channel B?

Scene 4 is named "Shiva Clean" but the Amp is the 64 Bassguy Normal (Channel A)

Scene 5 "Clean" Amp is assigned to Channel C "Matchbox D30"

What scenes were you using at the video? Is it the same preset that is on sale? Are all the scenes supposed to be based on the Mesa Mark IV?

Last edited:
Hi Marco, I have purchased your "Viva Santana" Axe-FX III preset and I have some observations:

Scene 1 "Lead" sounds very dark. The Amp is assigned to Channel B (USA Rhytm). I've changed it to Channel A (64 Bassguy Normal) and it sounds better. Closer to your video. Is Scene 1 meant to be assigned to Channel A?

Scene 2 "Crunch" and Scene 3 "Red" Amps are both assigned to Channel B (USA Rythm). The only difference is a drive on Scene 3 and a different CAB. Are they both supposed to be assigned to Channel B?

Scene 4 is named "Shiva Clean" but the Amp is the 64 Bassguy Normal (Channel A)

Scene 5 "Clean" Amp is assigned to Channel C "Matchbox D30"

What scenes were you using at the video? Is it the same preset that is on sale? Are all the tones supposed to be based on the Mesa Mark IV?
What guitar are you using?

I've tried 4 different guitars:

- Ibanez JS2450 with Dimarzio Satch Track / Dimarzio Mo Joe
- Ibanez RG550LTD with Dimarzio Gravity Storm / Dimarzio DP163 Bluesbucker (P90 tone)
- Strat with Seymour Duncan SSL5 / Fender CS Fat '60 / Fender CS Fat '50
- Strat with EMG SA EXG/SPC

The best match is the JS2450, but only with Scene 3

Last edited:
I've tried 4 different guitars:

- Ibanez JS2450 with Dimarzio Satch Track / Dimarzio Mo Joe
- Ibanez RG550LTD with Dimarzio Gravity Storm / Dimarzio DP163 Bluesbucker (P90 tone)
- Strat with Seymour Duncan SSL5 / Fender CS Fat '60 / Fender CS Fat '50
- Strat with EMG SA EXG/SPC

The best match is the JS2450, but only with Scene 3

Well, the Santana sound is pretty dark, he uses the bridge PU with a very warm sound, like neck PU.
PRS CU 24 has neck PU in a different position af 22 frets guitars and it sound more medium and bright.
In any case I update the preset to the last firmware 4.02 (that is one of my first preset made with Version 1.01)
please write your mail here and I send you the new update.
Thank you for your feedback

Well, the Santana sound is pretty dark, he uses the bridge PU with a very warm sound, like neck PU.
PRS CU 24 has neck PU in a different position af 22 frets guitars and it sound more medium and bright.
In any case I update the preset to the last firmware 4.02 (that is one of my first preset made with Version 1.01)
please write your mail here and I send you the new update.
Thank you for your feedback
Marco are you going to update all your Axefx 3 presets?already bought most of your axefx 3 presets so im just asking.

Last edited:
Hi Marco,

I see that the preset Viva Santana and others have been updated to Firmware 12.x. Is there a free update or an offer for the customers that have already purchased them?

Hi Marco, I see that the preset Viva Santana and others have been updated to Firmware 12.x. Is there a free update or an offer for the customers that have already purchased them?
Hi Marco, I see that the preset Viva Santana and others have been updated to Firmware 12.x. Is there a free update or an offer for the customers that have already purchased them?

Sometimes I check old presets with new firmwares and save theme, usually it is not necessary to tweak the sounds.
In any case you can send me your mail and i give you the new version.

Back
Top Bottom