Sample ultra-res cab files - how best to use?

ethrbunny

Inspired
Can someone in-the-know please suggest amp models that best utilize some of these? I think my ears are too amateur to really appreciate the subtleties.

AC30 and silver alnico 1x12 sounds siiiiiiiiiiiick.

Match made in heaven. Make sure you change the setting to ultra res in the cab block, I keep forgetting to do it.

Match made in heaven if you're looking for lush, chimey crunch..

Make sure you change the setting to ultra res in the cab block, I keep forgetting to do it. :-x

Yeah anything with V-30's in going to sound pretty good with a high gain amp. Not to sound douchey in the slightest, but you should consult the Wiki like most people do. Yek has spent hours if not days adding to it, so people don't have to ask the same questions over and over. It really is a plethora of useful information that I personally utilise on a weekly basis.

Yeah anything with V-30's in going to sound pretty good with a high gain amp. Not to sound douchey in the slightest, but you should consult the Wiki like most people do. Yek has spent hours if not days adding to it, so people don't have to ask the same questions over and over. It really is a plethora of useful information that I personally utilise on a weekly basis.

Got a gig coming up.
Gonna be trying the H-RI-55 live Vintage.
Gonna be using the JTM-45, Plexi 100 Jump, and for the extra gaininess, the mod 800.

Does anybody know what the factual difference is between the vintage and the modern mixes are? It seems like the highs of the vintage mixes are a bit rolled off and the lows are as well. Anyone care to comment?

I typically start with the Wiki but I wasn't sure if the hi-res samples that came with the latest patch were covered in there. If this is a FAQ I apologize.

I'm not sure that the UltraRes freebies were added to the amp list in the WIKI. I didn't find them in my admittedly-brief search.

On the other hand, there are only ten of them. It's a quick exercise to try them all and see what you like.

Match made in heaven if you're looking for lush, chimey crunch..
Try that cab with a the Matchbox D-30. Smooth and squishy. Our sound guy came up to me tonight and asked if I was running a compressor. Nope...just the DC-30 into the silver alnico UltraRes, with just a touch of 'verb. Thick, crunchy and chimey, all at once.

This is my workflow:
1. Select the amp block.
2. Double-click Bypass to reset everything to defaults then select an amp model.
3. Adjust Drive, MV and Level to get the distortion characteristics and volume I want for the guitar I'm using. Don't worry about the tone. It might be too bright or too dark but just ignore that for now.
4. Select the cab block. Make sure Mic type is None.
5. Scroll through the UltraRes IRs to find the one(s) that best work with that amp.
6. Go back to the amp block and fine-tune the tone.
7. Play (admittedly derivative blues licks).

As in the real world certain cabs work best with certain amps.

To confirm my understanding of item 2:
Double-clicking bypass on the amp block would set any amp then chosen to be at its defaults? So you don't need to pick the amp you want first, or double-click bypass if you then choose a different amp?
Thanks Cliff

To confirm my understanding of item 2:
Double-clicking bypass on the amp block would set any amp then chosen to be at its defaults? So you don't need to pick the amp you want first, or double-click bypass if you then choose a different amp?
Thanks Cliff

Double-clicking Bypass just sets the tone controls, etc. to default. You can either do it before or after selecting the model.

I'm not sure that the UltraRes freebies were added to the amp list in the WIKI. I didn't find them in my admittedly-brief search.

Correct! I'll add them some time coming days.

Reactions: Rex
Yes....Michael and Ryan...thank you. It is a wondrous thing having Axe Edit/Manage back in the tool box.

Back
Top Bottom