Sample Preset

Has this preset loaded properly for me? Motor drive is at 0 (both amp and cab) and the cab delay is set at 0.029 (on the V30). Ive used fractool to convert it to the MarkII.

That said, this sounds really good through my GT800FX/PPC412. I tend to stay away from the plexi's (dont know why) but im loving this patch. Looking forward to trying through my monitors.

EDIT: Just updated fractool and motor dive settings are there now (amp block). Doh!

Last edited:
Very nice! I too took another look at the cab preamp modelling as a result of this preset. It's like special sauce! I'll have to take a look at motor drive this evening to see if it has a similarly magical effect.
-
Austin

I converted this to AX8 on 7.02B, sounds stellar. I know I'm missing out on the cab preamp secret sauce but it still hits thats Plexi sweet spot!

Here's a preset that exemplifies how I use some of the new parameters like Motor Drive, Cab Delay, etc.

Do you apply the same treatment to the clean presets? Con you post also an example of clean preset, such as a Fender?
Thank you very much! :)

Just loaded this up to have a look. For the most part, I get what you're doing. But I'm a little puzzled by the GEQ boosting mids into the amp, and then the amp EQ seeming to scoop them, although the center of the scoop is at a little lower frequency than the GEQ, I think. Can you tell us your reasoning there?

first eq changes the guitar tone, which changes the amp's distortion character smoothing it out. the eq after cuts out some of the mids that were added at the beginning. it's not about cutting the exact frequency you boosted, it's about making it sound good.

Just curious... this preset is a bit noisy in my studio. I do have what I'm pretty sure is electromagnetic interference noise issues in my studio. Still trying to resolve this.

I'm just not sure how much of the "noise" is due to the EMI and how much is just normal amp noise?

Back
Top Bottom