Sample Preset Routing For WDW

CudBucket

Inspired
I've got my Axe (Input1 and Output1) in Loop3 of the GCX switcher and my Egnater M4 in Loop4. The output of Loop4 goes to both A) my VHT power amp (dry) and B) back into the Axe loop (Input2 L). I'm using a Y cable to do this. Can anyone tell me if the routing below would be a good example of how I would route a preset for the M4 only with effects both pre and post? It shows an OD and Phaser block in front (going straight to Output1 L) and a chorus and delay, hopefully, going out both Output2 L and R, to my wet amp/cab.

Thanks.

Dave

AxeFxGrid_sample.bmp

You'd still have to use the send & return blocks to get the signal at Input 2 through the wet fx to Output 2. Disconnect phaser from chorus and place rtn/snd so you have RTN-CHO-DLY-FXL-SND with no other connections to that chain.

Thanks. I really appreciate. I really do pour over the manual and search this forum before I post this stuff. But honestly, the manual is lacking in practical information like that which you provide.

That said, it seems the Send/Return blocks are always necessary when using the FX Loop. Is that correct? When would you be able to use the FX Loop by itself?

Thanks again.

Dave

If you're just using Out2/In2 like a typical effects loop and running stereo or mono from Out 1 to your amp(s) you don't need the send/return. Or, if you use the Axe alone for all preamp/effect processing and have different sounds at Out 1 and Out 2, you'd be using the FXL block just to get the desired signal at Out 2. It's the WDW setup plus being able to use pre & post effects with an external preamp that makes the send/return somewhat necessary. You could actually avoid them by using Input 1 R instead of Input 2, but that creates something else you have to work around--getting only the L or R signal to each row as well as getting the R signal centered for the W/W signals, which would usually require 3 volume blocks (if I'm thinking of this correctly). Using In 2 avoids that and you only need the send/return blocks.

Back
Top Bottom