Sample Player for Live use - Looking for something, don't know what!

Rich G.

Experienced
I need some guidance here... I'm looking for some product and I'm not even sure if it exists!

I need something that will play a sound sample. I just want to hit a button (foot switch) and have a sound play. I don't need velocity control or any other percussion attributes. I guess at the basic level it's just an mp3 player I can control with my foot. Does something like that exist?

I need some guidance here... I'm looking for some product and I'm not even sure if it exists!

I need something that will play a sound sample. I just want to hit a button (foot switch) and have a sound play. I don't need velocity control or any other percussion attributes. I guess at the basic level it's just an mp3 player I can control with my foot. Does something like that exist?

An iPad, Garageband and this:
IK Multimedia | iRig BlueBoard - Bluetooth MIDI pedalboard
I don't own the pedal but have been trigging samples in GB with the iPad plugged into the FXReturn in the Axe.

Line 6 M5 or M9, just use the Looper, pump in yer tone and Loop it? Or you could probably do it with axe? I don't have one yet so I'm just trying to give you some ideas.

https://linkesoft.com/songbook/android.html
Runs on Android, costs $7.99
Bluetooth Pedals - 2-Pedal - AirTurn
Bluetooth wireless between the pedal and your Android.
You create a songfile in Songbook, could be a full chord sheet or just put the name of song the in. Within Songbook link the songfile to an mp3 stored on the Android. Queue up your setlist, kick of the songfile with the Airturn pedal and the linked mp3 starts playing.

Cheap and effective. Songbook works great for advancing through chord sheets or arrangement notes to.

https://linkesoft.com/songbook/android.html
Runs on Android, costs $7.99
Bluetooth Pedals - 2-Pedal - AirTurn
Bluetooth wireless between the pedal and your Android.
You create a songfile in Songbook, could be a full chord sheet or just put the name of song the in. Within Songbook link the songfile to an mp3 stored on the Android. Queue up your setlist, kick of the songfile with the Airturn pedal and the linked mp3 starts playing.

Cheap and effective. Songbook works great for advancing through chord sheets or arrangement notes to.

Very nice solution!! I'm going to look into this!

Edit: AirTurn ordered!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom