Sammy Speaks out

We opened for Jimmy Page on his Outrider tour and he was an absolute gentleman throughout the whole tour. Went well above and beyond to make us feel welcome. Don't know where you get that one from.............

I had the pleasure of meeting Jimmy Page once backstage. He came over to me and struck up a brief conversion…very polite and seemed sincerely interested in my thoughts about music.

I had the pleasure of meeting Jimmy Page once backstage. He came over to me and struck up a brief conversion…very polite and seemed sincerely interested in my thoughts about music.

Yes, one of the nicest guys I have met while working in the industry. I find it strange that anyone would suggest he was anything but a nice guy.

I love Eddie's playing, but he is being a bit douchey to mudsling at Michael Anthony at this point. What's to gain? Michael isn't one of the top five rock n roll bassists as Sammy contends, but he did a decent job and he's gotten better as he's gotten older. Eddie has obviously had a long history of drug and alcohol abuse and as a person I'm sure he's a pain to deal with. I still love his playing and I'll go see them on this tour since it's a fairly rare occurrence and there can't be many chances left. That doesn't mean I'd ever want to hang out or deal with him professionally.

We opened for Jimmy Page on his Outrider tour and he was an absolute gentleman throughout the whole tour. Went well above and beyond to make us feel welcome. Don't know where you get that one from.............

Maybe from stories like the one where he basically kidnapped a 14-year-old girl and held her as a sex slave for over 3 years?

Maybe from stories like the one where he basically kidnapped a 14-year-old girl and held her as a sex slave for over 3 years?

Well, I don't know about 'stories'. I am just going off personal experience of being around the guy when we toured with him. That is all I can comment on.

Well, I don't know about 'stories'. I am just going off personal experience of being around the guy when we toured with him. That is all I can comment on.

Not meaning to slight you at all and very cool you actually met and opened for him. I think it just highlights the fact that it is difficult to really "know" someone as hugely famous as an Eddie Van Halen or Jimmy Page.

Not meaning to slight you at all and very cool you actually met and opened for him. I think it just highlights the fact that it is difficult to really "know" someone as hugely famous as an Eddie Van Halen or Jimmy Page.

I didn't say I 'knew' him. Just that he was nothing but a gentleman when we toured with him. What was he like when you toured with him? :)

I didn't say I 'knew' him. Just that he was nothing but a gentleman when we toured with him. What was he like when you toured with him? :)

Um, ok. My statement was an apology highlighting the fact that I think it's very cool you met and toured with him. It's more than I will ever be able to say.

Um, ok. My statement was an apology highlighting the fact that I think it's very cool you met and toured with him. It's more than I will ever be able to say.

Sorry, it's sometimes difficult to gauge the tone of something that is written on a forum. I apologise for taking it the wrong way.

Eddie is a classic lifetime alcoholic. I know many and they are all the same. The way they talk. Their body language. They lash out at those who gave them the shirt off their back. My mother is exactly the same after 40 years of alcoholism.

Eddie is a classic lifetime alcoholic. I know many and they are all the same. The way they talk. Their body language. They lash out at those who gave them the shirt off their back. My mother is exactly the same after 40 years of alcoholism.

Based on experience in my own family and with former band members, this 100% true. However, isn't Eddie claiming to be "clean" these days?

This makes me sad seeing Ed resort to this crap. What positive could possibly come from this? And I don't get the slagging on DLR right before a 40 date tour is set to begin. If I was trying to sell tickets, I'd be telling everyone that we're all peachy and the band is tight as ever.

But what really bums me out is the constant shots that Ed feels the need to take at Mike Anthony. Meanwhile MA just keeps his mouth shut and having a great time with Sammy's band and Chickenfoot.

He's one of my guitar heroes. But not a very nice human being.

Ed is pissed because Sammy's band sounds way better doing the VH songs.

Ed is going from being a world class guitar hero legend to a 60 year old little punk.

Back
Top Bottom