Same amp settings on two different presets don't sound the same

I've been running into this problem a bunch lately and not sure what I'm doing wrong. If I take an existing preset and change the amp and cab to match another preset that I have, I get different tone between the two... like much less gain. I've double checked all of the settings and they're identical - I can't see a difference that would cause a change. Any ideas?

Not in front of my AF2 at the moment - but out of curiousity I would create 2 new presets from scratch just using amp and cab blocks (different amp/cab in both presets). No other blocks.

Then set up one preset amp block andcab block to sound like you want - then change the other preset accordingly to mimic it and see if it sounds different.

A better way to do it in my opinion is to copy the entire original preset to a new slot and then just change the FX blocks on the copied preset to suit and leave the amp and cab blocks alone - your core amp/cab tone should then be guaranteed identical to the original preset

A better way to do it in my opinion is to copy the entire original preset to a new slot and then just change the FX blocks on the copied preset to suit and leave the amp and cab blocks alone - your core amp/cab tone should then be guaranteed identical to the original preset
I'd like to be able to do this, but I'm setting up different amps on X/Y, so I cant copy/paste the amp block without losing the amp I created on the other channel.

Post a couple example presets if you want someone to identify what's making them sound different. Otherwise we're just guessing.

If using Axe-Edit you can right-click the XY button area to copy/paste just X or Y.

I'd like to be able to do this, but I'm setting up different amps on X/Y, so I cant copy/paste the amp block without losing the amp I created on the other channel.
Think you've misunderstood .... I said to copy the whole original preset to a new preset location then tweak the FX blocks to taste to make the new preset but leave the amp and cab blocks alone - your original X/Y amps and their settings should still be intact

Back
Top Bottom