Saigon Kick - live stream right now... featuring AxeFX!

I got to talk to Jason for about 5 minutes last night after sound check about the his Axe. He was using two JBL's on stage and the other out was to FOH. I asked him what models he was using, and he tried to remember for a bit and after twisting his face trying to remember he finally said, "you know, I really don't know what they are called I guess. I'm still pretty new to this thing, and I'm a one knob guy". I asked if he was using stock IR's or IR's he made in his studio of his old cabs, and he said it was stock. He had not updated to FW10 yet.

He then told me he had just got the MFC and laughed about how he kept changing banks when he meant to change patches. I told him about AxeChange (he was unfamiliar with it) and asked if he would consider uploading his rhythm and lead patch. He said "sure, I have no problem sharing my tones", though my guess is he won't remember. His sound was great, and his clean chorusy sounds were unreal.

One of my favorite players and he turned out to be a really nice affable guy who was happy to spend time talking gear and hockey. Too bad they will be always be dismissed as something they weren't all because of one song.

Last edited:
Cool you got to talk to Jason. And a hockey fan to boot! That would be great if he posts his presets. I've watched a bunch of videos from their recent shows and his guitar cuts through like crazy.

I saw them a couple of times before their first album and was blown away by how good they sounded. Jason is a shredder and a great singer to boot. Always liked his tone too. I think he used Rivera amps back in the day, but not sure.

I was never a fan of that "one song" but the first album is a favorite and should have been way more popular than it was, IMO.

I hope they tour more places. I saw them many times in college and I'd love to see them again.

That was supposedly it. They played 5 dates total with last night being the final date, and it doesn't appear they have any plans to tour more or write new material. They all have other things going on and this was more of a 'let's put our differences aside and have fun' type of thing. I hope they change their minds, but it didn't sound like they were going to.

Back
Top Bottom