Sag off, almost the same as global PA sims off?

bellasonic

New Ultra user running 7.04
Art SLA-1 or Mesa 20/20
2 1x12 Mesa speaker cabinets

This is a bit of a subtle thing but I have some patches that I like better with the power amp sims on and some patches with it off. If I understand it correctly (probably not) by turning sag off, all of the power amp simulation should be off and the advanced amp block pages disabled. But they sound different to my ears. For me with amp sims on and sag off it feels a touch more compressed and a little lower in volume and tighter in the low end than the same patch with with sag on and amp sims disabled in the global settings which feels a little more airy and open.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions on how to disable PA sims on individual patches that is equal to setting the global settings to none? Yikes am I imagining this?

Apologies if this has been covered.

Thanks

Yes, you are imagining things :D

sag off = power amp sims off.

However it does not disable all the advanced parameters. It changes how a couple of parameters function.

With the power amp sims off the depth and deep controls are deactivated. The master works as just a volume and the presence turns into a shelving filter.

Back
Top Bottom