safety with power tools

EdgE

Fractal Fanatic
Been working with tools and machines all my life,Have a wood shop at my house with a lot of 3 phase machines. Well I,m on the job last Thursday doing a wood floor , had to cut out for the floor vent ,had miter box to do side cut and had table saw to do the long cut,so I set the fence for width and set the blade just above the 3/4 I was cutting. So I start cutting,put one end on table before blade ,slowly bring other end into blade,after you cut and get the board on the table flat ,you should push to you to cut mark ,than shut saw off pull away.
After the board was cut though and ready to push ,I needed to cut alittle more out , so I had to pull the work towards me,a hand on each end of the 20" board.That was my mistake ,even though it was only about 1/2 " it was enough to catch the board and suck it though with my hand still on it.
I didnt know exactly what i had done, alone out in the middle of nowhere, had a look and my fingers are still there ,but so deep really bleeding bad.Long story short ,drove my self 20 mile to a hospital ,had some stitches , chewed the shit out of my middle finger. but think its going to be ok
Moral to the story be extra careful

Last edited:
I use to own a Taylor Rental Center. Novices tend to be scared of equipment and use caution that the "experts" take for granted. Plus more usage = more opportunity to get hurt. Hell I put a gas hedge trimmer through my left knee being careless.

A power tool can change or end your life in a second, as it did for many of my customers over the years and hence my $100,000/yr premiums.

Back
Top Bottom