Safe to use Axe-edit to audition presets from the preset banks in V7?

MisterE

Fractal Fanatic
Since we've been advised to refrain from using Axe-Edit to edit presets, I was wondering if it was safe to use Axe-Edit to audition the V7 preset banks?

Thought so.
BTW, thanks again for all the hard work and yet another magnificent update.

I could use a little bit of clarification on this. Are we being asked not to use AxeEdit v. 1.0.317 for anything other than updating the FW?

I had the most error free session "in years" yesterday. The whole 6 hours. Well, it seemed so at least ;)
I can even slide FX in the grid on XP (always could).

Kind of not acceptable answer Cliff, sorry : if axeedit is so bug-full, retire it or debug it... We're having such annoying bugs since few months...

They are definitely working on it so be patient. Cliff has said that he will have this fixed or he will fire people.

Kind of not acceptable answer Cliff, sorry : if axeedit is so bug-full, retire it or debug it... We're having such annoying bugs since few months...

Seriously??? There's some bug issues with the FREE editor ONE day after a new firmware version was released, and that is not acceptable? Rough crowd :?

I could use a little bit of clarification on this. Are we being asked not to use AxeEdit v. 1.0.317 for anything other than updating the FW?

I only had one case where the new version froze. I have been playing and editing and everything with axe edit 317 without any problems. Are there other issues ?

I dont see any posts regarding this except one that pointed to this thread. but I see cliff made that statement. Is it just a little unstable or is there something else going on ?

in the meantime I have been really enjoying V7.

Thanks for the update Cliff and Fractal Team !!!

Is there danger in using AE or is there just the potential for running into bugs. I used it lightly after installing the beta of 7 with very few problems.

Strange-I have been at it for 12 hours since yesterday-Axe edit hasn't hurt me yet. Guess it likes Italian guitar players who are vets :)

I've used it without problems so far, but I went to adjust the level of an amp block which was too loud, and Axe Edit told me it was at -53. A couple similar other anomalies have scared me off using it until they've worked it out.

On one hand, calling the editor 'free' is missing the mark a little. You can't include all the updates and the editor as part of the value of the product and then say it's free so you can't expect it to work. Part of the reason people buy the axe fx is the ongoing updates, support, and ability to edit with Axe Edit. On the other hand, I don't find it surprising that there would be a few bugs with it working with the new BETA version of the firmware. They told us this was a beta, which should prepare you for the possibility of a few minor bugs. I'm sure they'll work it out and have the Editor or firmware patched up soon, and the world will continue to rotate upon its axis.

Back
Top Bottom