Safari not opening Forum page

Is this the newest version of Safari/Mojave.? I have had some glitches too, not just on the forum....don’t think it is on their end.....

quit safari, reopen it, try again. a full quit, not just closing the one window.

Working fine here in Version 12.1.1 (14607.2.6.1.1) on Mojave:

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 3.23.11 PM.png
Can you provide more information? macOS version? Safari version? Any addons enabled in Safari?

There were no problems on any version of Safari I tested with: High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina.

I did the Catalina upgrade on my iMac and the site is just fine in Safari 13.0.2 (15608.2.30.1.1) -- I'm posting this message from Safari.

If there's a problem, it's on your end. Disable all extensions. Clear your cache (In Safari it's under Preferences > Privacy, click the Manage Website Data... button and then the Remove All button in that window).

I updated to 10.15 specifically to check the problem reported in this thread. I've been unable to reproduce the issue on Catalina or Mojave. Problem isn't on the forum end.

Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 11.10.35 PM.png

If the OP is using Spectrum Internet the problems he has been experiencing may be related to a routing issue between Spectrum and Level 3 rather than Safari. I experienced the same issues on the same day with several sites including this one. It appears to have been resolved for the most part except for some latency issues during peak times.

Last edited:
Going to put this here as a separate message in case it wasn't noticed. If you're having problems try the following:
  1. Clear your cache. From Preferences click the Privacy tab. On the Privacy tab click the Manage Website Data... button and then the Remove All button in that window that pops up. If that solves the problem, great -- you had some cache corruption on your end. It happens. Note: you'll have to log in again after dumping your cache.
  2. Disable all extensions in Safari and try again. From Preferences use Extensions tab and for each extension on that tab, uncheck it. This will disable the extension but not uninstall it. If things work after doing this the problem is an extension you've installed. Re-enable extensions one at a time until the site fails to work. The last extension you enabled is the culprit.

Back
Top Bottom