Sad News...billmeedog...off to the Great Gig in the Sky.

jimfist

Fractal Fanatic
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but fellow forum member, guitarist extraordinaire, guitar teacher, all around nice guy, and very close personal friend and bandmate, billmeedog, unexpectedly passed-away over the weekend.

In and around the Massachusetts suburbs north of Boston (Woburn, Burlington, Billerica, Wilmington) and on the North Shore (Beverly, Lynn, Salem), Bill was well-known for his exploits over the last 20+ years as lead guitarist for the hard rock cover band THE SLUSHPUPPIES, and dedicated guitar teacher at Performance Music in Woburn, MA. He also was the current lead guitarist in the Boston-based TOOL tribute band TOOLfist (2006-present), as well as the MaryBeth Maes Band (Lynn, MA 20010-present).

408668_413787265349252_925459377_n.jpg

Bill will always be known for being a loveable teddy-bear of a man, quick to strike up a conversation, and as we know, had an insatiable thirst for knowledge of all things guitar. Trust me when I say this: the AxeFx was absolutely his favorite piece of gear, ever, bar none. We used to spend hours playing, tweaking, and talking about all the things we could do with it, and how much FUN it was to use. (Cliff, you were his HERO!)

Here's to you, Bill Meehan. We are all better people and musicians for having known you!!

Jim

(if you're on Facebook, you can share condolences at: Slushpuppies Boston | Facebook

BILL??!?! :eek: NO!!! :eek:

Really sad to hear that.....Bill was a great guy here, and always very helpful....my condolences to you and his friends and family :(

How very sad. I always loved his posts. Even with the bold print ;)

You could really tell he was a lover of music and his instrument.

RIP, Bill. We will miss you. :(

I'm sorry to hear this. I always enjoyed his posts and liked his flare with the keyboard, TOO. Spread the love today because you never know....

I'm sorry to hear that. I always liked his posts AND his posting style, TOO. Spread your love today, cause you never know.....

Oops...I thought it locked up without posting before.

Last edited:
Condolences. RIP Bill. I swapped a couple of e mails with him and found him to be helpful, generous and going out of his way to help and share. He will be missed by many I am sure.

Wow, really sorry to hear that! Bill seemed like a really nice guy who was always trying to help.

RIP billmeedog !!!!

Man! That's a blow.

I always enjoyed his contributions, they were almost always positive and uplifting. Definitely one to be missed.

My heartfelt condolances to his near and dear.

Condolences brother. I bought many guitars over the years at Performance Music Center in Woburn. Being from Boston, I obviously know of the Slush Puppies. Bill has touched many people with his music over the years. Hopefully he is jamming up there right now, with perfect tone of course.

My sincere condolences.

He was active on the forum until very, very recently. Unbelievable how this can happen at a sudden. Very sad.

I'm in shock right now. What a sad sad thing to happen.

Jim, certainly pass on my condolences to his family, and of course I am also very sorry and sad for you.
I know Bill was one of your musical partners for a lot of years. I can imagine how tough this is for you and your band mates.

Bill was such a nice guy! As stated, always a positive vibe coming out of him.

My personal experience with Bill....he contacted me (through the Forum) because we both live in the Boston area, to just talk shop and compare notes on gear.
He was a nasty player (check out his Toolfist videos), yet very humble.
Bill and Jim also came out to see my band play as well.....just to hang and meet in person.

I'm glad I was able to have met him in person.

So sad.

Back
Top Bottom