S/PDIF with Audient iD14

Souq47

Well, as you know the digital AX8 Out is RCA but the Audient iD14 Digital In is optical. I'm sorry if the vocabulary is poor or inaccurate, but I don't know much about this "new" world of digital.

So my question is, what kind of cable do I have to use? Or do I need a converter or something like that? What kind? Will the sound suffer if I use a converter?

Thanks in advance!

Jorge

Well, as you know the digital AX8 Out is RCA but the Audient iD14 Digital In is optical. I'm sorry if the vocabulary is poor or inaccurate, but I don't know much about this "new" world of digital.

So my question is, what kind of cable do I have to use? Or do I need a converter or something like that? What kind? Will the sound suffer if I use a converter?

Thanks in advance!

Jorge
This, or something similar works fine and sounds just as good
Amazon product ASIN B01N32C5GT

Well, I got the Lindy and all the right cables. However, when connected the Audient Softwares tells me that there's no digital connection. What can I be doing wrong? Am I supposed to change anything on the AX8 settings...?

Thanks in advance!

Jorge
I’ve used an Alesis Adat for pass through conversion as well as expanding I/o by 8, without using the Adat itself. A cheap pass thru converter will work fine.

I tried to, but can't get past this:

"
So we know that we need a master and a slave, we need to know which is which. The iD14 only has a digital input and so cannot be the master of other equipment, so it must be the slave. Setting the iD14 up to be the slave is just a case of going into the system panel and in the “Preferred Clocking Source” section, select external. This means that if there is a clock signal on the optical input, iD14 will automatically try and sync with it. The status light in this section tells you whether or not there is a valid clock source on the digital input:
  • Red - There is no clock signal present on the digital input. If you have something plugged in and are expecting a clock signal, check all your cabling.
  • Yellow - There is a clock source present however there is a mismatch so you need to check the sample rate of your external device and iD14/DAW and make sure that they are the same.
  • Green - Everything is good!"
It's red, so the problem should be cabling, but I'm sure I'm using the right cables (along with the Lindy converter).

Just to be sure, are you using a coaxial RCA cable? I'm just asking because using regular RCA audio cables (typically those with the red & white plugs) won't work.

Back
Top Bottom