S/PDIF Question

mortega76

Fractal Fanatic
I am currently recording/re-amping via USB along with the Creative USB 0404 connected as well via ASIO4ALL... my latency jumps up to about 11ms with the Axe-fx connected (from about 2.4ms without). I wanted to try to lower that and I thought about possibly recording via SPDIF but I didn't know what cables to buy. Would anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks for the link... most of those cables say RCA. Does that mean that a standard RCA cable would work as well?

"RCA" refers to the plug type. As far as the cable itself, I'm not entirely certain, but I think there's a difference between RCA audio cables and RCA video/SPDIF cables, but I might be mistaken. They might just be all the same. My understanding is that if it says "video" on it, it's also good for SPDIF. If anyone else has any corrections to add, feel free to chime in.

I am currently recording/re-amping via USB along with the Creative USB 0404 connected as well via ASIO4ALL... my latency jumps up to about 11ms with the Axe-fx connected (from about 2.4ms without). I wanted to try to lower that and I thought about possibly recording via SPDIF but I didn't know what cables to buy. Would anyone point me in the right direction please?

I used regular RCA cables from a stereo. I love the spdif recording, never had any problems with latency and zero difference in sound quality to my ears.

same for me: use s/pdif without any pb with RCA cable. I tested and same sound with the 2 main outs (sound card EMU 1212m)

I had used a standard RCA-audio cable and it didn't work, many drop outs. It was probably too long. I've switched to a 75 ohm cable suited for SPDIF, no problems since.

Back
Top Bottom