S/PDIF problem

I'm trying to re-amp but when I change the the Axe's MAIN INPUT SOURCE to SPDIF/AES, the software for my audio interface says "Clock Rate Mismatch" and automatically drops sample rate from 48000 to 44100, and of course, the Axe says "NO INPUT CLOCK!"

My cables are 75 ohms, & the Axe is set as the master clock.

What is going on..

The Axe can't act as master clock when using digital input. Verify other interface is set for 48 KHz and internal clock, then try again.

The Axe can't act as master clock when using digital input. Verify other interface is set for 48 KHz and internal clock, then try again.

Okay, my audio interface is set as the master instead & is at 48000.
I'm outputting the dry signal into the Axe, which seems to be picking up because of the active input LED's but the signal is still dry and not being processed?

MAIN INPUT SOURCE : SPDIF/AES
WORD CLOCK : SPDIF/AES IN
USB/DIGI OUT SOURCE : INPUT

Set USB/DIGI Out Source to Output 1.

I tried them all, the signal is still dry and not being processed.

EDIT : so, I unplugged my monitor cables from the audio interface and put them into the Axe and it works but why is that? And when I try to record the re-amped signal, none of the assigned inputs pick up the sound...

Last edited:
Make sure the AXE is getting SPDIF in from your interface and set the clock to it so it can slave to your interface which should be the master.

Make sure the AXE is getting SPDIF in from your interface and set the clock to it so it can slave to your interface which should be the master.

At this point, I'm certain my interface just isn't capable of receiving S/PDIF input when set to Internal, making the recording process of the re-amped track basically impossible. However, when the interface is the slave, the Axe is audible & records with no problem ; one row of the wet signal in Axe-Edit, a second row of shunts (dry track), both panned accordingly, the interface records the wet & dry signal simultaneously. Now when switching the interface to Internal for re-amping, the interface does not receive any input from the Axe's S/PDIF Out.

It would be ideal to do this with one-go, which is presumably why I bought these cables to begin with but my interface is pretty outdated so meh — also having to constantly switch clock sources & having to restart the DAW every time is just a pain in the ass.

Until I get a newer interface that allows S/PDIF input whilst being the master, my only option right now is to switch between audio devices (FAS USB AUDIO & audio interface) in the DAW, which in my case, is a lot easier than having to switch clock sources & restarting the DAW any time I want to re-amp.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom