Rusty Co.Oley Gotz dee Ultra!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... I saw those clips. :?

Can't say I'm impressed with what he's got out of it so far.

But then I don't imagine I'll be impressed with anything he gets out of it, considering I don't think I've ever heard anything from him that I'd consider to have good tone. He's a monster of a guitarist technically, but I'm not all a fan of what he plays and the sounds he uses. :|

DNW said:
I don't think I've ever heard anything from him that I'd consider to have good tone. He's a monster of a guitarist technically, but I'm not all a fan of what he plays and the sounds he uses. :|
His Axe 5150 preset sounds much better than anything I've heard from him though

DNW said:
Yeah... I saw those clips. :?

Can't say I'm impressed with what he's got out of it so far.

But then I don't imagine I'll be impressed with anything he gets out of it, considering I don't think I've ever heard anything from him that I'd consider to have good tone. He's a monster of a guitarist technically, but I'm not all a fan of what he plays and the sounds he uses. :|
He only got the night before. Give him some time... :lol:

Really talented guitarist, but I'm also in the group of people who don't find those types of metal tones appealing. I listen to alot of what would be considered metal, esp. NWOBHM, some prog metal, etc. but I find the really heavy detuned tones to be too muddy and lacking in dynamics. No denying he's freakishly good, just prefer a little more clarity and dynamics.

It's great to see high caliber players demoing the Axe on Youtube... but just IMHO, the PART 1 video tones all sound pretty similar to me.

goodwill559 said:
tgunn said:
I've always thought his name was the exact opposite of his playing style.

Interesting, so maybe Lubricated Cheesey would be a better fit??
:shock: :lol: Smoothie Hottie maybe?

okok I keed I keed. Sorry Rusty!

-<MACHINE>- said:
Guitar-Tiz":2l8dghmt][quote=GuitarDojo]o.0 [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7mcNVQwUlg said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7mcNVQwUlg[/url]
So, I see he took my recommendations.

I told him about the Axe over a year ago, back when he was still working at Music-Go-Round in The Woodlands. I'll have to give him a visit when I finally get a day off.

So...how are those speed metal lesson with Rusty going?[/quote:2l8dghmt]
Ahh... The speed metal thing...

That was just a phase I was going through, but now I am definitely thinking of improving my music theory, so I can better solo in the styles I actually play, but he told me can help me with that too.

At the moment I just don't have time for lessons. I work to much, and my schedule is annoyingly inconsistent. :cry: So I've just been using the stuff (books, and such) he suggested, and it seems to be helping me take my soloing a few steps further.

Annoyingly, since he opened his guitar school I haven't been able to get out to The Woodlands when he was open, but now that he has an Axe, I might have to make the time.

His tones sure suck... well his guitar is so low tuned that he has no reason to play chords. And wow what a nice feel in the solos... NOT!

goodwill559 said:
Lubricated Cheesey

+1000

Guitar-Tiz said:
So, I see he took my recommendations.

I told him about the Axe over a year ago, back when he was still working at Music-Go-Round in The Woodlands. I'll have to give him a visit when I finally get a day off.

Hmm... you recommended the Axe but have you ever played it?

Not my cup of tea but awesome chops. I checked out his forum and he was going on about liking the fx on the axefx but preferring the prophesy for amp/drive sounds. Unless Im missing something.....

Guitar-Tiz said:
[quote="Clark Kent":1sn4njvs]but have you ever played it?
Yes.

I have never bought an Axe-FX, but I have used them extensively.[/quote:1sn4njvs]

Compared to who? I would consider those that own, have 24/7 access to, and gig with Axe-FX as having used it extensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom