Rust problem!

Rolomorales

Inspired
Hello !! I got a problem with the humidity in the place where I live. Recently and after few months I open my pedalboard case where I have my MFC 101 MkIII and I found a small and big surprise. All the led (I don’t know the real name) protectors are with rust (attached picture) and I need to know where I can find this small parts and the real name to replace all ???

I cannot send the MFC (in case of... ) to the service for maintenance, so I need to know if is possible to DIY

THANKS !!!

Attachments

• 7534CDC8-863A-4755-853A-B18FB0F8B66D.jpeg
    7534CDC8-863A-4755-853A-B18FB0F8B66D.jpeg
    795.5 KB · Views: 17
Google LED Holder/Bezel. I don't remember the exact style, but you should be able to find them. Changing them could be challenging if you don't know how.

Rust on the outside might be the least of your problems. Wonder what's happening to the circuit boards and contacts?

...not to mention the mold that's most likely growing on anything organic, like drywall.

I made the mistake of not replacing a leaking hot water tank right away and I couldn't believe the mold that was starting to grow on the TJI joists, wood chairs, and a dart board, to name a few things. It even affected the finish on the Bigbsy of my Gretsch, which was in a case.

It gets pretty dry in the winter in Canada and I also have an ICF (Insulated Concrete Forms) basement, with Styrofoam under the slab too, so the basement is normally dry and I was shocked at how quickly the mold started to grow...due to a very minor water leak.

You might want to invest in a dehumidifier or HRV system before you get into a mold abatement situation, which can be very costly, not to mention the damage to your gear.

Just a cautionary tale. :)

Hello !! I got a problem with the humidity in the place where I live. Recently and after few months I open my pedalboard case where I have my MFC 101 MkIII and I found a small and big surprise. All the led (I don’t know the real name) protectors are with rust (attached picture) and I need to know where I can find this small parts and the real name to replace all ???

I cannot send the MFC (in case of... ) to the service for maintenance, so I need to know if is possible to DIY

THANKS !!!
Hi Rolomorales I have found what your looking for at a local marine boat yard. They are used on a tapered head screw and are made of stainless steel which would be what you would want to replace them with and are pretty cheap.
Hope this helps you.

Back
Top Bottom