• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Rush's Permanent Waves full album performance!

barhrecords

Axe-Master
So much talent... for a drummer? lol

I was at an impromptu jam with a good friend and a pro horn player was there socially. He sat down at a cheap keyboard and blew our minds lol... then apologized for not being a keyboard player lol

solo-act

Fractal Fanatic
Now THAT's a bedroom player! No surprise he's already in sideman biz.
He's one of the few I've seen get the bass tone right. Wonder what he's using.

Last edited:

dr bonkers

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
The cover of Entre-Nous is so spot on, I had to sync up the original just to have a reality check.

Natural Science was also incredibly done.

The bass tone is excellent too.

This is incredible! <goes off to burn all my instruments>

Rich G.

Experienced
I've listen to this a few times now. I think what really brings it together is the production. I watched a video of him doing Freewill from 6 years ago. He had it down musically, but the sound of it was pretty dry. All the parts sounded 'individual'. There's something he did on the new production that created a cohesive bond between all the elements. I don't know if it's an overall touch of reverb or what. I have the same trouble with my own recordings. I don't know what that 'secret sauce' is that creates a unified sound.

deakle

Experienced
Holy cow! Guys like this and the 13 year old girls playing Yngwie make me wonder what line I was standing in when I missed out on the talent that was passed out to amazing individuals like this!

Sixstring

Axe-Master
I was just listening to this album today, this guy not only has mad skills at reproducing to the Tee! but playing all the instruments.

I want to know what he used to cop all the guitar tones ?

Molekiller

Experienced
Whoa! Reminds me of how much I like this album. Was a time when it was in my cassette deck (ha) every couple of days for months. Thanks Rush, Tyler, and Willowdale.

Top Bottom