Rush - Xanadu patch uploaded

DaveP

Inspired
I tried to dial in the intro to Rush's Xanadu in this patch. I got pretty close. Use staccato type playing to get the full effect otherwise the notes will blend more and you loose the volume swell effect. But it sound good either way.

Re: Xanadu patch uploaded

..and for a second there I thought someone dialed in Olivia Newton-John's Xanadu :shock: ...

VegaBaby said:
..and for a second there I thought someone dialed in Olivia Newton-John's Xanadu :shock: ...

+1 :lol:

Was expecting my Ultra to light up and flash disco with a little Olivia roller skating out onto the screen...

:D I didn't know there was any other then RUSH. LOL I can't imagine what that would sound like. You guys should be ashamed for knowing that.

I changed the title to avoid any confusion. Java, I listened to that youtube clip now my ears are bleeding. It effected my will to live.

Once a song like that goes in your head, its burned there and it doesn't go away. Hahah... Go Olivia Nuetron Bomb! Classic. There's some good beatle-esque tones in ONJ and ELO's Xanadu. Hmm, now where did my dad put his ELO LP? I'm only 27yo you know...

TimmyM
PS. Sorry to have hijacked the thread. Back to what it was now I hope.

DaveP said:
I changed the title to avoid any confusion. Java, I listened to that youtube clip now my ears are bleeding. It effected my will to live.

I'm sorry but it was necessary :lol:

TimmyM said:
Once a song like that goes in your head, its burned there and it doesn't go away. Hahah... Go Olivia Nuetron Bomb! Classic. There's some good beatle-esque tones in ONJ and ELO's Xanadu. Hmm, now where did my dad put his ELO LP? I'm only 27yo you know...

TimmyM
PS. Sorry to have hijacked the thread. Back to what it was now I hope.

I was 11 when that came out :oops:

No need to badmouth Olivia here :) ... She had some serious guitar players on her albums with some serious tones (and not to forget the milestone video for Physical ;) ). Didn't Buzz Feiten play for her at some point ? If there'd be a time machine I wouldn't mind getting physical with her :?

Not bad mouthing Olivia. She is or was just doing her thing, but her thing is not my thing but i can repect that. As far as guitar playing in the band. Well I never really noticed or ever will, not to say whoever it is isn't good or not. :p

Back
Top Bottom