Rush Tribute Rig Coming Together Nicely!

Flatnine

Inspired
With the addition of a Morningstar MC6 and a Xitone Britt speaker I'm finally on the home stretch of my quest to put together the ultimate rig for recreating Alex Lifeson tones in the new iteration of my Rush Tribute.

10 years ago when I was doing this, it was all about the Triaxis/TC Gmajor rig. When the group went on hiatus, I promptly sold all gear to go another direction. When we regrouped last year I went through all of my current stuff to make it happen and wasn't pleased with the results. Gear included Strymon/Gigrig G2 Port City rig, Atomic A12, and a close but no cigar TC-50/AX8. Then came the Axe 3. This current set up really has no limitations as far as tones are concerned, only my own programing trials and tribulations can hold me back.

Super stoked with the Fractal stuff and the community here helping me get it together. Thanks for looking.

IMG_3917.jpg IMG_3918.jpg IMG_3919.jpg IMG_3920.jpg

Super cool!

I probably shouldn't ask this here, but what's in the synth rig?

Emu Vintage Keys Module- has all the Oberhiem, Moog, Profit stuff. I route it through the Axe input 3 for extra processing. One example, for the long sustained note at the end of the Limelight solo, I double the note with the bass pedal and run it through a Drive block and an EQ Block so it comes closer to sounding like the record. The Morningstar lets me remotely switch to the Clean guitar patch immediately from bass pedal while key note sustains gloriously into the last Chorus of the tune- cool stuff this technology!

Hey - since we are somewhat close to each other, what's the name of your band? Maybe I'll come check you guys out.

Nice looking rig!

Thanks! The group is R50 and our next gig is in San Jose June 1st- kind of a trek from Vacaville. We recently replaced our drummer so gigs will be slow going until we get up to speed. Working on Empress Theater Vallejo date hopefully by the end of the year- that one would be more manageable to get to.

Your opinions and advise has really been a help to me sorting all this stuff out so if you can make a show, I will put you on the guest list.

Thanks! The group is R50 and our next gig is in San Jose June 1st- kind of a trek from Vacaville. We recently replaced our drummer so gigs will be slow going until we get up to speed. Working on Empress Theater Vallejo date hopefully by the end of the year- that one would be more manageable to get to.

Your opinions and advise has really been a help to me sorting all this stuff out so if you can make a show, I will put you on the guest list.
Cool - Vallejo would be easy ;)

I've got a gig in Orangevale on 6/1... So that plus holiday weekend traffic would preclude a drive to San Jose :D

Maybe check out Theater DeVille in Vacaville. Not sure how they are booking these days, but I'm guessing tribute bands might do well there.

Cool - Vallejo would be easy ;)

I've got a gig in Orangevale on 6/1... So that plus holiday weekend traffic would preclude a drive to San Jose :D

Maybe check out Theater DeVille in Vacaville. Not sure how they are booking these days, but I'm guessing tribute bands might do well there.

Funny you mention that spot- the Prince Tribute I play with is looking to gig at Deville at the end of June. I'm not involved with booking that group so I won't know anything until it is an actual date. Of course that gig won't feature the rig above...Probably conventional Port City/Strymon set up that one.

Super! can't wait to hear the results.

PS: Get a Virus TI2 for amazing Rush keyboard sounds! Send me a PM and I'll give you my preset bank. Geddy used an early version.

Cool! I will definitely look into the Virus- thanks for the tip!

Back
Top Bottom