RUSH tonight in Fort Lauderdale

willowdale

Fractal Fanatic
Anyone else seeing them tonight or are you going to any of the other cities.
Love Rush and have seen them every tour since signals in '82.
Saw them last year at Red Rocks & Tampa.
All of them pushing 60 years old, each an icon on their instrument, nice family guys with zero ego trips, and can play rings around any other band.

Cool - I'll be going to the Michigan show in Auburn Hills on April 16th. Can't wait!!

Like you I have been to every tour since Signals! I'd assume we are close in age, you and I.

Huge RUSH fan. I've seen them every tour since '82 (I was 14!) *except* the ROLL THE BONES tour. Heart-breaking. Saw them 2x on the Vapor Trails and R30 tours - fearing each was their last. Great band in every dimension.

Old fart here - 1st RUSH concert -78 (Himispheres I think) - backup band was Max Webster!! ---> YouTube - Max Webster-Check, Drive & Desire (another Toronto based band like Rush but one that never broke loose internationally - Kim Mitchell though, is a Canadian Rock Icon who makes frequent appearences with Rush, on rush Vids etc.).

I'm hoping to see Rush when they come through here

(wish Alex would go back to Marshalls (hate that H+K tone he's had for some years now) - or better yet that he starts using Axefx).

Cool - I'll be going to the Michigan show in Auburn Hills on April 16th. Can't wait!!

Like you I have been to every tour since Signals! I'd assume we are close in age, you and I.

Scott - hope you're going on the 17th. If you show up at the Palace on the 16th you'll be seeing Thomas the Train and Friends Live.

KG

Another old fart fan here. This is from my first Rush show 9/3/76 opening for Styx and Blue Oyster Cult.

71181059.jpg

Scott - hope you're going on the 17th. If you show up at the Palace on the 16th you'll be seeing Thomas the Train and Friends Live.

KG

I've seen enough Thomas the Tank Engine as a father of two boys as I ever need to see.

I'll show up on the 17th instead, thank you very much. :D

I'll be there in Michigan too Scott. Got some friends hooked a few tours ago and they are rabid now.

Cool. I'm lower bowl Section 102, like 5th row up just above Alex's side. Going with my best friend since Junior High. We now see about 4-5 different bands a year together. It's cool. We saw Roger Water's "The Wall" a few months ago; and the Scorpions last summer.

The guitar players in Roger Waters' bands are uniformly excellent - saw him when Doyle Bramhall Jr was his sideman - but, they just aren't Gilmour, ya know?

Related tangent: I think THE PROS AND CONS OF HITCH HIKING has some of Clapton's best playing since CREAM.

I've seen enough Thomas the Tank Engine as a father of two boys as I ever need to see.
+1

I think I can recite every episode from memory. Now it's Wallace and Gromet. I actually like it. Quality stuff.

My 4 year old loves Rush. I'd take him when they come to Vegas (2nd time this tour), but I think it would be sensory overload at his age. His favorite two albums currenty are The Best of Simon and Garfunkel and The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway by Genesis (America and Counting Out Time being his favorite songs). Never underestimate a child's potential to appreciate more than what adults typically define as entertainment for children.

I honed my chops learning the guitar playing Rush songs in the late 70's with a very good drummer friend of mine, and got all warm and fuzzy inside when his 11 year old son showed up to a jam with him, and wanting to play Rush songs, while wearing a "Rush 2112" T-shirt...ahhh, the next generation is converted ;-)

His son is also a major Deep Purple freak, and makes me jam Highway Star with him everytime he is around to jam....I'm sooooo proud...sniffle lol.

One of the greatest, and down to earth, bands ever...

+1

I think I can recite every episode from memory. Now it's Wallace and Gromet. I actually like it. Quality stuff.

My 4 year old loves Rush. I'd take him when they come to Vegas (2nd time this tour), but I think it would be sensory overload at his age. His favorite two albums currenty are The Best of Simon and Garfunkel and The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway by Genesis (America and Counting Out Time being his favorite songs). Never underestimate a child's potential to appreciate more than what adults typically define as entertainment for children.

You're son is very, very cool lol! And you're right, I too am constantly surprised as to what young kids find appealing these days. I guess it all comes from having a dad who listens to cool stuff ;-)

I think that, to a large extent, they will enjoy what they're exposed to. If I was into Hip Hop, he'd might like that instead. A year ago, his favorite album was the soundtrack to A Charlie Brown Christmas by Vince Guaraldi and his favorite songs were Tom Sawyer and Frankenstein (Edgar Winter). Gives me hope for the future :)

For contemporary kid's shows, Thomas is pretty good. I love my Thomas time with him. I also have a feeling Rush might still be around when he's 18! If so, we'll be there rock'in out together.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom