• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Rush. The Camera Eye solo played on a 1953 Les Paul Goldtop

This is one of my all time favourite Rush moments. The audio is a compilation of 4 takes I did over 10 minutes. I practiced for 2 hours and once recording was over, I had sweat running down my back! The original solo of Alex's is SO intense! It envelopes you with a blend of incredible melodic restraint and tonal fury. The original recording clearly shows the tone was a combination of mic on amp plus a heavily compressed direct guitar signal. I created a multi chain in my new FM3 including a Marshall amp, Hiwatt cabinet, direct chain and stereo doubling effects using the delay and Plex delay block. I hope to have a preset available soon.

Top Bottom