Rush/Lifeson 2112 Meastro PS1-a Phase Shifter request

Adinfinitum

Experienced
I just got an FX-8 and am trying to get an emulation of the Maestro PS1-a phase shifter used on 2112. This is the one with
slow, medium and fast tabs. I believe the Maestro is a 6 stage phaser, but I don't know how to set the other Axe or FX8 parameters. Any help would be appreciated. It can be an Axe-FX patch or block that I can copy over to the Fx-8 or just a list of parameter settings.

I've just come across this via looking for a Zeppelin "No Quarter" phase search, as John Paul Jones also apparently used the Maestro PS1-a on his keyboards live. Did you ever find anything to use on the FX8?

Yep, JPJ used the Maestro. You can see it on top of his Rhodes (with a mysterious preamp) in The Song Remains The Same.

I think the phase 90 comes close enough, although there is nothing like the real thing. I'm not sure how many stages the Maestro uses, but I would start with the phase 90 and change the number of stages.

Thanks for the response. I think it was a 6 stage phaser, so I'll definitely give that a shot. My FX8 should arrive on Friday, so I'm reading up in the meantime :)

Back
Top Bottom