Rush flanger tone...

any tips on the flanger settings for spirit of radio? In the opening if the song when hes playing the intro, it sounds like a flanger to me.. its got a very hollow tubular sound.. any tips on how to achieve this sound?!? Thanks!!!

Last edited:
any tips on the flanger settings for spirit of the radio? In the opening if the song when hes playing the intro, it sounds like a flanger to me.. its got a very hollow tubular sound.. any tips on how to achieve this sound?!? Thanks!!!
I believe the FX8 has a preset for that - if someone can export the effects blocks

There is in fact a flanger used in a Rush song called "The Spirit of Radio".
For that sound, I'd use a VERY short delay time and a good amount of negative feedback.
Also, place it after your distortion, whether pedal or amp.

For that sound, I'd use a VERY short delay time and a good amount of negative feedback.
@Admin M@ Any tips for Flanger settings for Andy Summers tone?

And in the spirit of Rush, here's my flanger for Hemispheres. I'm feeling weirdly generous today. Normally, I'd say "USE YOUR EARS" but in this case I invite you to study these examples.

Attachments

• Hemisflange_20140616_160027.blk
    227 bytes · Views: 244
Thank you!! I am a super new AX8 user And I don’t have a lot of skills yet! LOL in fact I will have to get up to speed about how to even download these presets to try them… But I thank you very much for taking the time to share! Much appreciated!

M.. which flanger model do you suggest is a good one to start with??

Back
Top Bottom