Rush Documentary on Netflix

Watched this last weekend. It was pretty good.

I was impressed by Billy Corgan. He came across as very intelligent and eloquent.
+1 - Enjoy'd his
commentary also - how he spent a whole summer learning 2112 on guitar, and, at a young age, trying to relate his parents what Rush meant to him.

If you can, check out the Triumph doc - Gil Moore (drummer) - real gear head - tells story of going to some sort of metal working shop to buy device that shoots out an 8ft flame for stage show - lol!

Billy Corgan is one of those musicians whose music I can't stand, but who I really like as a person. Listening to his interviews makes me wish I could appreciate his music.

This documentary was made over 12 years ago and just now making it to Netflix??

For those who can't get it on a streaming service buy the DVD/Bluray. It comes with discs of bonus material, easter eggs and concert footage.

There was also another authorized Rush documentary that came out a few years back called Cinema Strangiato. It played in limited movie theatres here in Canada, eh.

Missed it free on Netflix, but it's rentable on Prime for $3.99.

We really enjoyed it, gives a good sense of the people and their relationships, as well as the music.

I'm in the unpopular camp that my favorite album of theirs is Hold Your Fire, which is among my top albums of all time for sure.

I'm in the unpopular camp that my favorite album of theirs is Hold Your Fire, which is among my top albums of all time for sure.
Being a firmly planted early Rush sound fan for many years I stayed away from those late 80s/90s albums, but more recently I've been getting into those and quite enjoy them - ie: been spinning Test for Echo a lot lately.

Back
Top Bottom