Rush are officially retired from touring

It had to happen. I'm grateful for 4 decades of excellence. They've left behind a strong legacy.

This is making me realize there a lot of great bands that I love that I have never seen live. Too damn bad, they are definitely one of the best live bands around. Congrats to them for 40 years of great music!

Although this is very sad indeed, I have had the feeling the last few years that the heavy touring is on borrowed time indeed.
Rush gave me my introduction to rock music when I was 6 years old when my cousin played Xanadu for me in his basement. I was hooked. They continued to be an inspiration for me musically and personally throughout my life. Now at 46 years old, I can look back and confidently say - Rush was the soundtrack to my life. I have seen them over 40 times in my life, I have bought every album multiple times, on multiple formats. Rush IS a part of me. It makes me a bit sad to think we are coming to an era where these types of musicians are disappearing. Masters of their craft, a class act, and true pioneers. I wish them luck in their retirement and health. Thanks for the memories boys....

They have said they will still record & possibly play live in some context, but no more actual touring.....

Never understood why even last year they were still doing 3+ hours shows and punishing schedules, surely they could have just taken things a little easier. I'm convinced they'll be back, after a lifetime of touring it's part of their DNA.

Rush was a huge influence on my development as a guitarist, starting back in the late 70s when I was in high school. I've had the great fortune to meet them backstage and chat with them, and I will echo what is always said about them : they are amazing, funny, sweet, nice guys. It made me appreciate them all the more. Every time I've seen them live I've been blown away at the band's musicality. Yes, they're also technically astonishing. But for me, I've always loved the way they played music together as an ensemble, and seeing them do it live will make you want to go home and practice! If they decide to do an occasional residence performance, I'll make a point of going.

Back
Top Bottom