Rush 1981-83

Digital Man

Inspired
Hi. I’ve been trying to dial in Alex Lifesons tone from Exit Stage Left. The closest I’ve come is Tone Matching the beginning of In The End from video of moving pictures tour. But, it’s really no where close no matter using a Brit Silver or a DR 103. Any ideas of a different amp to use? I also cannot find anywhere online a IR of the Club and Country 4140 cab.

Hi. I’ve been trying to dial in Alex Lifesons tone from Exit Stage Left. The closest I’ve come is Tone Matching the beginning of In The End from video of moving pictures tour. But, it’s really no where close no matter using a Brit Silver or a DR 103. Any ideas of a different amp to use? I also cannot find anywhere online a IR of the Club and Country 4140 cab.
Im a lifelong fan of Lifeson, and spent many years in a Rush cover band, long ago.

Cliff just picked up a club and country from what I read, and that’s exactly what Lifeson used on moving pictures.
I can’t wait to hear it.

I’m not sure if he used both amps (Hiwatt & Club) in a parallel chain or not, but w’ell find out soon enough.

I come close to Lifeson tones with the hiwatt and two ir’s, one legacy (limelight preset) , and the cab from the hiwatt normal preset.

I’m hoping that a dual amp setup with the two will nail it. It’s all a matter of complex effects routing after that

oh, the post is from 2013. 🙄

Yes, not going to happen unfortunately.

Im a lifelong fan of Lifeson, and spent many years in a Rush cover band, long ago.

Cliff just picked up a club and country from what I read, and that’s exactly what Lifeson used on moving pictures.
I can’t wait to hear it.

I’m not sure if he used both amps (Hiwatt & Club) in a parallel chain or not, but w’ell find out soon enough.

I come close to Lifeson tones with the hiwatt and two ir’s, one legacy (limelight preset) , and the cab from the hiwatt normal preset.

I’m hoping that a dual amp setup with the two will nail it. It’s all a matter of complex effects routing after that

Excellent. Will try these

Alex' sound in that era was very much about his guitars, some of which were quite unusual. You shouldn't need to do much fancy work if you've got that covered.

Back
Top Bottom