Rupert Neve news item about Fractal Audio Systems

Neve and Fractal, top of the list in their fields. Together making the best better. I love that kind of commitment and outlook on quality.

They don't appear to pass around praise for other companies easily or often, so this must've been a cork-popper for you guys. Congrats!

Can anybody explain the setup with the RNDI or the suhr iso line out box to capture Ir's of a combo amp with no fx loop? What would you (@Admin M@ ) recommend in terms of quality? I'm currently using a jet city jettenuator, but I find that the ir capture it produces lack some high end sparkle.

High end sparkle in a Celestion Blue could be related too its compression. The compressor characteristics are not captured by an IR (since IR is a purely linear function).

High end sparkle in a Celestion Blue could be related too its compression. The compressor characteristics are not captured by an IR (since IR is a purely linear function).

Honestly I doubt it, the jettenuator is just a cheap attenuator and by design (even the manual says it) it will roll off some of the high frequencies, even at full scale on the attenuator knob. Also, I did try to capture the IR at what I would consider stage volume and bedroom volume, and in both cases I get pretty much identical freq response, and I don't think that bedroom level would make the speakers compress, its very quite..

Back
Top Bottom