running through a Fender Deluxe Reverb.

gthomas

I am very new on here and have a very basic question. Seems that reviews I have read have the owner running the Fx ll through a PA sound system. Will it degrade my sound to run it through my Fender? I just sold my JHS pedal board and have some money to spend. I am looking at the AXE FX ll. I look forward to your answer.

gthomas

Hi gthomas,

I use an Ultra (previous version) with some Atomic Reactors and a Fender Blues Deville.

If you intend running an Axe Fx through a really guitar amp, you will need to disable the amp sims and cab sims.. You would run it as an effects processor for effects like drives pedals, verbs, modulation, pitch etc..

It works great running it like this.

I personally run mine with a real amp and FRFR at the same time - both the Ultra and the II have enough processing power to allow this.. This gives me the most flexibility from venue to venue, and on fly gigs where FRFR/good monitors can't be counted on! Best of both worlds!!

The simple answer is yes, but you must disable the amp and cab sims to make it sound right...

Darren

I am very new on here and have a very basic question. Seems that reviews I have read have the owner running the Fx ll through a PA sound system. Will it degrade my sound to run it through my Fender? I just sold my JHS pedal board and have some money to spend. I am looking at the AXE FX ll. I look forward to your answer.

gthomas

Hi gthomas,

Welcome to the forum!

Since your Deluxe Reverb doesn't have an effects loop (unless it's been modded to have one), using the Axe-Fx with it really wouldn't be an ideal situation. You would really only be able to take advantage of the "pre-input" type of effects, such as overdrives, compressors, etc. The Axe-Fx in this situation only would be massively underutilized, and way more than what you could use it for.

Can you tell us how you're going to use the Axe-Fx? For gigging, for home practice, etc.? We might be able to come up with some suggestions for you based upon how you intend to use it.

Back
Top Bottom