running output 1 in Mono..what is the correct way?

kmanick

Fractal Fanatic
My Seismic wedge is going back today, I will be running my CLR on it's own for a while, what is the correct way to run out 1 in mono?
Should I have my CLR plugged into Left or does it not matter?
how should I set my output? copy left ->right? sum of left + right?
I want to make sure I'm getting the entire signal
Nick

The simple answer is just build mono presets. Don't balance things off center or use phase reverse options. Then the output mode doesn't matter. Connect L or R output to monitor. I think some effects like multidelay default to having the delays panned to various locations, so techincally Sum L+R could end up being a better choice for quick/easy setup.

If you don't do that, there's not really a good answer. Sum can cause some things to sound weird or disappear (delay w/ phase reverse on one channel). Taking just one channel will mean anything panned to the other side is lost. You have to know what's happening in the preset to know what the better choice is, and sometimes both types of things will be happening which makes neither choice ideal.

Did they send you the right kind of return label? I have to have FedEx pickup because we live nowhere near a Ground dropoff location, and the tracking number on the label they sent wouldn't authorize it.

I'm keeping my Xitone.

Subscribed, by the way. This is a good thread. When I set up patches for Jesus Christ Superstar, there was only room for one wedge (and barely that!), so I just sent everything up as simple as possible. All in mono.

I guess stereo patches won't always translate well to mono. I've been thinking about this very same thing.

Back
Top Bottom