Running FX8 in scene mode w/ instant access

spanny

Inspired
Can you run the FX-8 in scene mode but have the ability to set specific buttons as instant access (pedalboard) switches? Essentially I want 4 buttons to do scene changes (amp switching, etc) and have 4 buttons just turns specific effects on/off. Is that possible?

The answer to your specific question is "no." Scene mode changes all 8 switches to Scenes.

But FW 3.0 allows you to make the "normal mode" footswitch page freely assignable. There, you can have 4 Scene switches and 4 Effects switches - or a mix of whatever else is available.

So what you ask for is possible, but "Scene Mode" is not the way to do it.

The answer to your specific question is "no." Scene mode changes all 8 switches to Scenes.

But FW 3.0 allows you to make the "normal mode" footswitch page freely assignable. There, you can have 4 Scene switches and 4 Effects switches - or a mix of whatever else is available.

So what you ask for is possible, but "Scene Mode" is not the way to do it.
Hi chris. I have been following you in this forums. You are always very helpful with your videos and posts.
In fw3.0 i want to use the bottom 4 switches for scenes 1 - 4, and the top 4 switches to turn off effects on scenes selected.
Example: pressed top 2nd switch (scene 2) effects on are drive, delay and chorus. Then i want to turn off drive, i programmed it on switch 7, i press 7th switch. Let's say delay is swtch 5 and chorus is switch 6.
Is this possible? To be able to turn on/0ff an effect within a scene? Am i making any sense?

yes, this is possible since FW 3. the old footswitch mode is gone, now you can assign fx and scenes and midi and relays at will to the footswitches, or you can run in scene mode, with just the 8 scenes.

I have scene 5,6,7 & 8 assigned globally to the bottom row, and I put pedals I want to control individually on the top row per preset.

yes, this is possible since FW 3. the old footswitch mode is gone, now you can assign fx and scenes and midi and relays at will to the footswitches, or you can run in scene mode, with just the 8 scenes.

I have scene 5,6,7 & 8 assigned globally to the bottom row, and I put pedals I want to control individually on the top row per preset.
Thank you my friend!!!

How can I set this?

How can I set this?

yes. you can program footswitches to change presets and banks, send midi, switch your relays, and change scenes (and effects)

Back
Top Bottom