Running Axe-Fx 3 Into Reaper - Asio Question

wolfdogg

Hi all. Still in my first week with my new Axe FX III toy so be gentle (my first Fractal purchase ever). I'm trying to hook it up to Reaper tonight. I can do it fine if I run into my 16 channel Tascam and then into Reaper, but.. trying to create a more portable solution and bypass the Tascam.

When I run the Axe directly into Reaper via USB (Windows 10), I switch the ASIO driver to the Axe-FX III but then input channels are all related to outs 1 and 2 of the Axe. I have 2 instruments in and I had to create an "in 3 -> Out 2" to make it work in Reaper.... which is fine until I add a 3rd instrument. Why don't I see outs 3 and 4 from the Axe?

Thanks in advance!

In Reaper, go Options > Preferences (Ctrl+P) > Audio > Device.

Confirm Audio system = ASIO and ASIO driver = FAS USB Audio ASIO Driver Axe-Fx III.

Confirm that Enable Inputs is checked, and that first and last for Input and Output range are set correctly. They were not set by default for me and I believe I saw the same behavior you did. I don't have the exact correct values at the moment because I don't have the Axe connected.

Found that earlier myself. Looks like Reaper gets all 8 channels solely from inputs and outputs of 1 and 2 (2 channels being mono and the other 6 stereo). That means you can only record 2 signal chains from the Axe and maybe that's why they didn't allow 3 and 4 (outputs on the grid) to be used... to spare the CPU.
Nice chatting with you. Thanks for looking!

Back
Top Bottom