Running 2 AXE FX IIs with 2 instances of AxeEdit

pauly

Fractal Fanatic
G'day All,

Can someone please enlighten me on how to use 2 Axe FX IIs with 2 instances of Axe Edit on the one PC?

Thanks
Pauly

i think you'd have to have both axe fx's on different midi channels and set a different workspace for both instances of axe edit (do this in preferences). remember to set the axe edit midi channel to match the axe fx you want to use it with

G'day Simeon,

I got it working but boy that's clunky!...The workflow goes something like;
1 - I wanna change the preset on unit number two.. Oh... I have Axe Edit connected to unit one at the moment...
2 - Go to Settings->Preferences in Axe Edit...select General.... Change the in and out ports to unit two....
3 - Press the refresh button while there, to display the midi channel...
4 - Select the Workspace Category
5 - Click Browse on Snapshots, and select the directory for unit two
6 - Click Browse on Blocks & select teh directory for unit 2
7 - Click Browse on Presets & select the directory for unit two
8 - Close that window and select a preset to ensure it works...

Now.. what was I doing again?

If that's the elegant way of doing it - time for a feature request.

Thanks
Pauly

i think you'd have to have both axe fx's on different midi channels and set a different workspace for both instances of axe edit (do this in preferences). remember to set the axe edit midi channel to match the axe fx you want to use it with

Last edited:
hmmm. i'm able to successfully run two instances of axe edit here, but one of them is the old ultra version. i suspect you might have to have both axe fx's use different systex id's, but i'm not sure you can change them any more

Not ideal, but you could create a virtual OS and run the 2nd instance in the other OS. I run Windows virtually on my Mac via "Virtual Box" which allows seamless switching between apps on either OS.

Hi Sprint,

Thanks for the reply however I wont be running VMs etc on the music computer! It's reliable and quick now so I hesitate to run extra background processes like that.

Pauly

Not ideal, but you could create a virtual OS and run the 2nd instance in the other OS. I run Windows virtually on my Mac via "Virtual Box" which allows seamless switching between apps on either OS.

G'day Scary,

Noooo! ... We don't want to be wading into the amplifiers advanced parameters on a little green screen in the middle of the night!

Thanks though :)
Pauly

I've never been able to get two instances of Axe Edit running either, we ended up plugging both AxeFXs into one laptop and using a usb switcher we found at a local electronics store. Annoying but simple and effective. Not sure if that helps you though.

G'day Anthony,

That's an idea... but like you say - a little annoying. I've made a feature request and am hoping the Fractal team act on it.

Thanks
Pauly

I've never been able to get two instances of Axe Edit running either, we ended up plugging both AxeFXs into one laptop and using a usb switcher we found at a local electronics store. Annoying but simple and effective. Not sure if that helps you though.

Back
Top Bottom