Running 2 Ax8's into a 2-channel poweramp to feed 2 4x12 cabs

MarcosDMZ_24

Hey all,

the two guitarists in my band are using two Ax8's, running the main output 1 to FOH via the XLR out. I want to run the second output into a poweramp feeding 2 Marshall 1960A's for monitoring.
Is there a way to run two Ax8's into a 2 channel power amp to feed the two cabs, each in mono?

What would you guys say about the Carvin DCM1000L?

UPDATE

This worked out pretty good at the last couple of rehearsals, now the on to the live test this Friday

Last edited:
Definitely can use 2 Ax8's into a 2 channel power amp.. I use 1 into either of 2 Engl Power Amps I have. If I wanted I could run another into the other channel as they have individual controls and speaker outputs. . . . I guess you'd have to run your guitar into a mixer or just split the signal to go into 2 Ax8's.. . Why would you want 2 Ax8's in this scenario though? If you did, you can morph between amps , use combinations of amps (like the Rackmount AxeFx's /Helix,etc) I guess right? Don't know anything about the QSC you listed though. . Have fun

Eric

Definitely can use 2 Ax8's into a 2 channel power amp.. I use 1 into either of 2 Engl Power Amps I have. If I wanted I could run another into the other channel as they have individual controls and speaker outputs. . . . I guess you'd have to run your guitar into a mixer or just split the signal to go into 2 Ax8's.. . Why would you want 2 Ax8's in this scenario though? If you did, you can morph between amps , use combinations of amps (like the Rackmount AxeFx's /Helix,etc) I guess right? Don't know anything about the QSC you listed though. . Have fun

Eric
Thanks for the reply

The reason I'm using two Ax8's is because there's two guitarists in my band who are using these units but still need the cabs for onstage monitoring.

I'm still trying to find a good poweramp though, any suggestions?

Hey all,

I'm using two Ax8's, running the main output 1 to FOH via the XLR out. I want to run the second output into a poweramp feeding 2 Marshall 1960A's for monitoring.
Is there a way to run two Ax8's into a 2 channel power amp to feed the two cabs, each in mono?

Would a unit like the QSC GX3 work for this?

Nice. This post was my nipple hardener for the day. Thanks

The two most liked power Amps are the matrix gt1000fx and the powerstation 2

Not for me! You can use those type, but there's noooooo issues at all using VHT, PV, MESA , or ENGL tube amps. . I absolutely love either of my ENGL's with the Ax8.

Eric

Back
Top Bottom