Rundown of my template for P&W...

jlynnb1

Axe-Master
Quite a few have asked for this so I finally threw something together. One take, unedited except for muting the camera audio when playing. If you have any questions I'm happy to help. I'm not sure if templates can be shared but I'm attaching it just in case.

Attachments

• Current DC30 Temp 4-9-16.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 71
Thanks for sharing. Can you let us know which specific impulses you used on the mix? I think I have the ones you used.

Last edited:
Well done! A straight-up walkthrough and how-to, and you pretty much covered everything. Great tone, too.

i just prefer to use the level control as opposed to input gain...i think they accomplish the same thing.

I don't think they do the same thing but it is an interesting approach. I will try it just to see what it sound sounds like

the wiki says when running in parallel to use either the level or input gain to control the amount of delay, i'll have to check in a bit and see if there is a tonal difference between the two.

the wiki says when running in parallel to use either the level or input gain to control the amount of delay, i'll have to check in a bit and see if there is a tonal difference between the two.
There's a functional difference, not a tonal difference. When you're using Level to throttle the delay, changes affect e trails immediately. When you're using Ingain, the trails don't change level until they've trailed out.

There's a functional difference, not a tonal difference. When you're using Level to throttle the delay, changes affect e trails immediately. When you're using Ingain, the trails don't change level until they've trailed out.
interesting...will definitely have to see if i like the other better.

now i'm gonna have to do another video, lol...

maybe i'll loop something and see if I hear anything....seems like both are different means to the same end...
They are the same end, if you set and forget them. It only matters if you change the parameter while playing.

Loop some quarter-or eighth-note staccato stuff, and change the parameter underneath that. You'll hear the difference in the trails.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom