Run parameter on Pan/Trem Bock

Would you like to a Run paramter (like the arpegiator) on the PAn/Trem block?

• Total voters

javajunkie

I think it would be great to have a Run Parameter (like the arpeggiator has) on the pan/trem block so you can easily trigger then pan or trem to start at the top/bottom of the waveform. This really is important when you are trying to sync a trem to a song.

GuitarDojo said:
This would be nice. You got your thinking cap on. What song?

No song in particular. Someone else in the general forum was looking for this ability and I have run into in the past.

The first time I became aware of this issue was when someone was trying to cover Green Day's Boulevard of Broken Dreams. That's a good example of where this would be handy.

D

A control for where to start within the LFO would be nice too. And with square tremolo it would make more sense if LFO duty % maintained the start point of the high level instead of the lower/silent level. If you get in sync with a beat now and then adjust duty, the start point moves ahead of or behind the beat. Those changes would bring it up to par with what can be done using a volume block controlled by LFO 1B or 2B.

Bakerman said:
A control for where to start within the LFO would be nice too. And with square tremolo it would make more sense if LFO duty % maintained the start point of the high level instead of the lower/silent level. If you get in sync with a beat now and then adjust duty, the start point moves ahead of or behind the beat. Those changes would bring it up to par with what can be done using a volume block controlled by LFO 1B or 2B.

Absolutely.

Whoops.

Voted "yes" and didn't post yet.

I'd use this.

Maybe on every patch that uses the Pan/Trem block.

Control is good.

The Eventide PitchFactor is a great pedal and combines this for both tremolo (square wave with variable wave length and amplitude, while still in tempo) and pitch shifting. It can create some amazing sound effects and rhythms. The AxeFx is so close to being able to pull that off, but as it stands, synching to a live click track is very hard to pull off if you're not already in perfect sync to start with.

FractalAudio said:
Set the Rate to LFO SYNC and use the Run control on the LFO 1 controller.

Forgot about that :oops:

However, I think it really is important enough to have its run parameter (like the arpeggiator does). It would allow the phase to be altered and support a better work flow.

Back
Top Bottom