Rumble Rig, general HSS and Strat/Tele gigging rig patches

Burgs

Power User
One of my all-in-one-gigging-patches specifically voiced for a HSS Charvel with Seymour Duncan JB/SSL6/SSL6 pickups. This one uses quite a few of the Rumbles on offer with surrounding effects and drives. The wah's auto-engaged with External 1 so you'll need to address that if you use yours differently, otherwise nasal tones on contact will ensue, etc. The "Leslie" Scene also uses Ext. 1 to control rotor speed.

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=9588

Here's another all-in-one patch, voiced with the same guitar but utilising different standard amp models - Fender, Vox, Marshall et al. Scenes are very similar to the Rumble version.

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=9589

Strat/Tele version of the same thing...

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=9590

These patches were written in FW 2.02 and FM9-Edit 1.00.06. Tweak to taste, etc., and rock out.

Last edited:
One of my all-in-one-gigging-patches specifically voiced for a HSS Charvel with Seymour Duncan JB/SSL6/SSL6 pickups. This one uses quite a few of the Rumbles on offer with surrounding effects and drives. The wah's auto-engaged with External 1 so you'll need to address that if you use yours differently, otherwise nasal tones on contact will ensue, etc. The "Leslie" Scene also uses Ext. 1 to control rotor speed.
They're great-sounding presets!

I noticed that in RIG 1 - HSS there's a pitch-follower modifier assigned to the Amp 1, channel B treble, but that control doesn't show anything assigned. I'm wondering how it's supposed to work, or… is this a glitch in the system?

Last edited:
They're great-sounding presets!

I noticed that in RIG 1 - HSS there's a pitch-follower modifier assigned to the Amp 1, channel B treble, but that control doesn't show anything assigned. I'm wondering how it's supposed to work, or… is this a glitch in the system?
Must be a programming error on my behalf, Greg. I do remember assigning a pitch-follower modifier to the amp's input EQ, just to boost some lower mids when up the hero end of the guitar. I've since modified most of those presets for easier switching and seamless scene changes. I'll dig out the current versions from my touring FM9 and pop them up shortly.

Must be a programming error on my behalf, Greg. I do remember assigning a pitch-follower modifier to the amp's input EQ, just to boost some lower mids when up the hero end of the guitar. I've since modified most of those presets for easier switching and seamless scene changes. I'll dig out the current versions from my touring FM9 and pop them up shortly.
I remember Leon/@2112 in one of his videos assigning pitch tracking to the gain to keep his high notes sounding as gutsy as the low ones, so I thought you were doing something along that line. I wired pitch tracking together with the treble control to see if it made a difference but didn’t really notice anything but it was only a range of 0 to 3.5; it’s an interesting idea and might be worth experimenting with, dynamically changing the amp’s EQ based on the notes. 0-10 might do more.

Back
Top Bottom