Ruckus anyone?

DLC86

Fractal Fanatic
These last few days I've been experimenting with the drive block in front of a clean amp to reach various amounts of gain, while scrolling thru the various drive types I stumbled upon the ruckus models and fell in love with them (thru the hipower jumped).
I'm still undecided on which I like best (ge, led or si/led) but I'm particularly impressed by how well it nails some gilmourish creamy muff tones, better than the pi fuzz itself imho.

Anyone else loving the ruckus?
And anyone else using it in place of the muff for that kind of stuff?

Yeah the Ruckus is a beast.. I’m not really into nailing anyone’s tone anymore, but I can definitely see where you’re coming from on that... Personally I use the Ruckus to push an either lightly breaking up amp or crunchy amp into full blown lead with some flavor added. I say flavor cause I’m normally just a pure clean boost kinda guy. I also really like the very last one on the list, I think it’s the Zen. I’m not at my AFIII so forgive me if my memory is playing tricks on you. Anyway, give that very last one a whirl too.. it’s similar and it smokes as well.

Yeah the Ruckus is a beast.. I’m not really into nailing anyone’s tone anymore, but I can definitely see where you’re coming from on that... Personally I use the Ruckus to push an either lightly breaking up amp or crunchy amp into full blown lead with some flavor added. I say flavor cause I’m normally just a pure clean boost kinda guy. I also really like the very last one on the list, I think it’s the Zen. I’m not at my AFIII so forgive me if my memory is playing tricks on you. Anyway, give that very last one a whirl too.. it’s similar and it smokes as well.
Yeah the Zen is one of my favourites too but I use the ruckus in a different way, not as a boost but with the gain set pretty high and level pretty low, I basically rely on its own distortion rather than pushing the amp into distortion (at least for the application I talked about above)

Yeah the Ruckuses are a cool flavor. Played with them the last couple days. Liking the LED/Si esp.

Playing with the number/type of diodes, the drive, and mix (a little less than 100%) can tweak the chewiness and dig-in response.

Another tip
Playing with the number/type of diodes, the drive, and mix (a little less than 100%) can tweak the chewiness and dig-in response
Yup, I was going to write the same thing. The ruckus ge with just 1 diode per side (default is 2) is even better for muff tones

Dave K, Roger Waters touring guitar player was using a Riot in his rig on the Wall tours, no Big Muff at all, and still sounded spot on....

that said, the new EHX Rams Head sounds pretty darn amazing for $99 too. Simply a price I couldn’t pass up and it’s sounds so perfect. So much for the market on high end booteek muffs these days

riot/ruckus does sound good though back to the point lol

Dave K, Roger Waters touring guitar player was using a Riot in his rig on the Wall tours, no Big Muff at all, and still sounded spot on....
Cool, didn't know that! (despite the fact I attended a show of that tour 9 years ago in London)

Back
Top Bottom