RTA

BTW, I've never understood the purpose of the RTA, other than eye candy. It would be useful if you could see it while editing other blocks, to serve as a visual tool to help you with your edits, but it disappears when you edit another block.

@GlennO Sometimes you want a debugging tool to check frequency content in the middle of the Axe. Both for Cliff and for us crafting sounds. Ears are good, but sometimes a visual helps track down a frequency. But also, what we hear is always from the out blocks, you can move the RTA around to figure where in your signal the excess bass is coming in.

I see you already got your answer, but just wanted to give a shout-out to a fellow ABQ homie. :D Glad to see you're running a Axe-Fx III now. You can probably figure out who I am from my avatar picture. It's from the bike rally you and I played at in Ignacio a few years ago when I was filling in for Edric. ;)

I see you already got your answer, but just wanted to give a shout-out to a fellow ABQ homie. :D Glad to see you're running a Axe-Fx III now. You can probably figure out who I am from my avatar picture. It's from the bike rally you and I played at in Ignacio a few years ago when I was filling in for Edric. ;)
Yes how are you, I've been using this for over a year just wanted to have the RTA display instead of the plain scene list haha

Maybe you could share some info on how you get close to the Lemmy type of bass sound?

Well, I split the signal into a high path and low path. Then I use a modded and cranked 100 watt plexi with bass IRs
and a hi pass filter for the high path, and an SV400 and a low pass filter for the low path.
I then use the RTA block to make sure the crossover is around 300Hz (or whatever area I need)

Back
Top Bottom