Wish Persistent RTA on Home screen of Front Panel

As much as I would feel this is useful, I think the home view already has too many tabs as is that are not arranged in a way that they are quick to access without spamming page right button.

I think adding another tab would mean that rearranging the home view would be also in order.

If the current tabs list is:
Scenes (main view) - Perform - Perform - Presets - Meters

I think it should be more like this:
RTA - Meters - Scenes (main view) - Presets - Perform - Perform

This would mean that RTA and meters are always two left clicks away from the main Scenes view which you reset to by pressing home again when in the Home view. Similarly perform pages are two or three right clicks away. This layout also gives a kind of distinction between metering and everything else

As much as I would feel this is useful, I think the home view already has too many tabs as is that are not arranged in a way that they are quick to access without spamming page right button.

I think adding another tab would mean that rearranging the home view would be also in order.

If the current tabs list is:
Scenes (main view) - Perform - Perform - Presets - Meters

I think it should be more like this:
RTA - Meters - Scenes (main view) - Presets - Perform - Perform

This would mean that RTA and meters are always two left clicks away from the main Scenes view which you reset to by pressing home again when in the Home view. Similarly perform pages are two or three right clicks away. This layout also gives a kind of distinction between metering and everything else
A user selectable page order would solve that along with some other complaints about the current order that others have had... But it's not something I'd hold my breath for ;)

A user selectable page order would solve that along with some other complaints about the current order that others have had... But it's not something I'd hold my breath for ;)
Yeah the ability to hide tabs and rearrange them would be fantastic. I really wish Fractal put more effort into improving ease of use when used from the front panel. But that's maybe a topic for another thread.

I'm bumping this.

The RTA as a page of the Home menu would be a fantastic tone tool.

You would be able to change something in a block and then press Home (it remembers the last selected page) to immediately switch to the RTA to see its effect on EQ. Handy for stuff like choosing / comparing IRs.

Also, the RTA would stay on-screen when switching scenes or channels by foot, enabling quick EQ comparisons.

I wouldn't use it to flatten a response. That will remove all the character. Use it to identify problem frequencies or as a spiffy screen saver.
(Emphasis mine.)

Back
Top Bottom