RTA always on

Newbie in Axe-Fx III, please tell me how to RTA always on during live gig.
You have to have the RTA block in your preset and just go to LAYOUT on AXE front panel then select RTA then hit EDIT. 59 Bassguy preset 000 or 001 if you have display offset to 1 has the RTA block in it. Also you can see it on AXE Edit just by selecting RTA Block in the preset.

Nope — the thread consensus you link seems to be that it would be “fun eye candy” but not at the expense of CPU overhead (knowing that EVERYTHING the AXE does uses CPU). @yek posits that it would be a useful editing tool comparing presets when editing, and I totally agree. My question to @honeypat is the value of this in the context of a live gig — where I assume little if any preset editing occurs. I know how I, as a FOH systech, use an RTA display (FFT actually, but same dif) to keep track of basic PA system/room interactions — but I’m not seeing the value of a visual image of an instrument processor output while performing onstage. Wanting to learn about what I’m missing here. 🙂

Nope — the thread consensus you link seems to be that it would be “fun eye candy” but not at the expense of CPU overhead (knowing that EVERYTHING the AXE does uses CPU). @yek posits that it would be a useful editing tool comparing presets when editing, and I totally agree. My question to @honeypat is the value of this in the context of a live gig — where I assume little if any preset editing occurs. I know how I, as a FOH systech, use an RTA display (FFT actually, but same dif) to keep track of basic PA system/room interactions — but I’m not seeing the value of a visual image of an instrument processor output while performing onstage. Wanting to learn about what I’m missing here. 🙂
Yep - there’s a link floating around here somewhere that shows a list of cpu usage for blocks, and the RTA block was listed at .2 of a percent…..bring on the “fun eye candy”, eh? ;)

so you say that the looper is not possible to access easily with one button hit on fc12/fc6 ?
I don´t use looper myself very often, but I know it is accessible via fc layouts - that´s a bit more tap dance to get there though.
On my ax8 it used to be one hit switch to access it - I can understand why many users would like that, myself included !
I didn't said that.
It's the looper display page on the Axe-Fx that is not accessible with FC.

Here is my request:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/direct-access-to-looper-display.173037/

Back
Top Bottom