RRHOF loses the shred of credibility it gained last year

Yes and Deep Purple both passed over. I thought Prog & Classic Rock were going to start getting a bit more recognition with the admission of Rush, but sadly they appear back to their old ways. Congrats to Peter Gabriel, Nirvana & KISS, they all deserve to be admitted. Linda Ronstadt + Hall & Oates though? (I'm not knocking them musically, I just don't think they deserve to get in ahead of Yes & Deep Purple).

At the end of the day it's another meaningless award and I can still enjoy Yes, Deep Purple and all my favorite bands whether RRHOF acknowledges their importance or not.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/...-inductees-nirvana-cat-stevens-e-street-band/

I agree, or they should have a separate RRHOF and music HOF. I like the idea of a RRHOF, I just wish they limited it to the related genres. Elvis, the Stones, Beatles, Chuck Berry etc. all absolutely belong in the RRHOF. Madonna, Chic, LL Cool J, Hall & Oates, etc. don't necessarily belong in a "Rock" related HOF.

FINALLY! Someone else who thinks Kiss is a total joke!

I thought EVERYBODY including the band themselves saw it all as a big joke? Surely nobody ever took them seriously? Wasn't it all just a silly commercial marketing gimmick, they can't even play their instruments can they? Well, apart from the 12 year old pubescents it was aimed at but they must be all grown up now. It's all very confusing.

FINALLY! Someone else who thinks Kiss is a total joke!

Careful there, some of those Kiss fans take it pretty seriously. Don't want to be starting another religious thread so soon :)

I will note however that Hall and Oates are quite capable of being a very accomplished ROCK band in addition to the slick pop they produced. While channel surfing one day I came across some old footage of a band playing some cool 70s rock that sounded like a proggier Santana. Wasn't till I saw the moustache that I twigged who they were.

But yeah, No Deep purple? Its not like they were one of the biggest rock bands ever... oh wait, they were.

IMO the RRHOF lost ALL credibility the minute they decided to put it in Cleveland, since then the whole thing has been little more then a clusterfuck.

Don't hate on Kiss, I'm a life long fan and their music has helped me through some difficult times in my life. I don't like Nickleback and Oasis, but I respect them enough not to criticise. This isn't intended to start a flame war, I'm just voicing my opinion. I also love Abba and Prince. Just sayin'.

Linda Ronstadt + Hall & Oates though?

What is wrong with Linda Ronstadt and Hall & Oates? Linda Ronstadt in her heyday was backed by a band that became the Eagles, and frankly not only was she smoking hot but sounded great.

Hall & Oates have written an entire catalog of incredible timeless songs. Daryl's Place is one of the best music centric shows on TV.

You might not dig their music but these guys defined a whole genre of music.

What is wrong with Linda Ronstadt and Hall & Oates? Linda Ronstadt in her heyday was backed by a band that became the Eagles, and frankly not only was she smoking hot but sounded great.

Hall & Oates have written an entire catalog of incredible timeless songs. Daryl's Place is one of the best music centric shows on TV.

You might not dig their music but these guys defined a whole genre of music.

That's why I said I wasn't knocking their music. I just don't think they deserve to be admitted to the Rock & Roll HOF ahead of bands like Deep Purple and Yes. I think they more appropriately fall in with many other acts like Madonna, ABBA, etc. that should maybe belong to a popular music or other hall of fame. It's all irrelevant whining anyway, RRHOF is going to do things their way, regardless of what the popular consensus may be.

FWIW I like H&O, and I've watched and enjoyed several episodes of Daryl's place (Joe Walsh, Jason Mraz, among others). I'm just a bit ocd about the word "Rock", not that it's doing me any good...

Reactions: LVC
FWIW I like H&O, and I've watched and enjoyed several episodes of Daryl's place (Joe Walsh, Jason Mraz, among others). I'm just a bit ocd about the word "Rock", not that it's doing me any good...

The Joe Walsh episode is one of my favorites without a doubt!!!!

Back
Top Bottom