Roy Clark has Johnny Cash dumbfounded performing this solo with a glass

Love Roy Clark!
Never took himself all that serious. But yet he was a master on the guitar second to none. And then of course he played a slew of other instruments including violin banjo mandolin just to name a few. And he was a master on them also.

Your video doesn't work for me, by the way.

I can't see it the on Fractal site either. I see this message;

'Cannot load Facebook SDK. Disable any adblocker or tracking protection and try again.'

I've tried disabling my ad. blockers, but no luck.

I saw it on FB and tried looking for it on YouTube, but couldn't find it. Roy Clark was definitely one hell of a guitar player, not to mention the other instruments he could play, as someone mentioned.

Same here. I grew up in northern Canada in the early 70's. We had two CBC channels, one English and one French, so choices were limited. I used to watch it with my mom and dad. I certainly didn't appreciate, at the time, how talented Roy Clark and others on the show were. Having learned to play guitar and knowing what it takes and how hard it is...I have a whole new appreciation when I see videos or hear music from performers I may have brushed off as a kid.

Same here. I grew up in northern Canada in the early 70's. We had two CBC channels, one English and one French, so choices were limited. I used to watch it with my mom and dad. I certainly didn't appreciate, at the time, how talented Roy Clark and others on the show were. Having learned to play guitar and knowing what it takes and how hard it is...I have a whole new appreciation when I see videos or hear music from performers I may have brushed off as a kid.
I have relatives in Ottawa my moms side of the family is all up there. And my grandfather made violins he showed me how he did everything man he was talented wish that I had taken more interest.

Roy Clark and all of those guys were sure fun to watch man they were so talented.

Roy was one of the main reasons I wanted to play guitar. He made it look like so much fun!
brian4
They sure did have fun didn’t they :)

Yes when Roy did that scene in The odd couple. It's pretty safe to say as soon as he started to play, Tony Randall and Jack klubman stopped acting and they were just sitting there like holy s***.

Back
Top Bottom