Routing dilemma

gigawatt

Experienced
With all the routing capabilities there must be a way...

I am trying to use a Soldano X99 in conjunction with the Axe FX. Currently before the X99 was introduced, I ran output 1 direct to the PA and output 2 to a poweramp and guitar cabs. The only way I currently know of how to run a seperate preamp with the Axe FX is to use output 2 to the X99's input then X99's output to input 2. This leaves me with output 1 as the only option to a PA or poweramp. Is there a way to use the X99 and still run output 2 to my guitar cabs and output 1 to the PA? Maybe by mixing X99 hard right in output 2 and looping through again hard left to use output 2 (once again) to send to the poweramp/guitar cabs. In other words, can I run output 2 hard right back into input 2 hard left in series? I can see it in my brain, but is it possible? What kind of chain could I use? :?

Thanks for any help

Thanks Java J, I did see that post, which gave me the idea. It's not exactly what I'm trying to do, but it does give me some ideas. I'm not quite sure how that works, but if I can figure out what he's doing and apply it to what I'm doing...

hi i answer here too ;-)

it's possible to do what you want, the only pb is that what goes to your amp will be mono, because you use for exemple SEND LEFT (OUTPUT 2) to go in your PREAMP ...OUT of your preamp GOES in the RIGHT INPUT REAR , and to go to your amp , you'll use SEND RIGHT (OUTPUT 2) , as send left is already use, that's why it's mono only.
and the STEREO OUT of AXE will go to your PA.

if you want to do like this, tell me , that's exactly what i do with my favorite dostortion pedal, i will post here the .syx ;-) so you just will have to plug and .. play :)

Hi Steff,

Would you be so kind and email me the sys patch and instructions regarding the routing using 2 effects loop :?:

Thanks in advance for your help.

here's the .sys (it should work) i haven't got the axe here to test
http://rbul1.free.fr/2loop.syx

2loop.jpg

i have pout some block to show you where can be what
1 st row, before the 2 loop , you can put comp, wha, phaser etc
the 1st row is panned by the "vol/pan" block

it goes in the send (that's where i don't remember, i think its the "right" send you have to use, sorry :-((

this send goes in your preamp
out of your preamp goes in REAR INPUT RIGHT (that's the last ROW where the mixer is

then after your preamp you can put for exemple like this amp, cab etc

then , the volume pan (in the third row) pan the signal to again go in the FX loop send, but in the other send than the first (sorry for my english !)
(i don't know why there's a empty block after vol pan lol)

so this 2nd send can be used for another effect loop (exemple, for effects) , and the out of effect unit goes in "return stereo 2" in the rear panel

and after this, you can put for exemple some delay and reverb if you want like this.

Hey thanks Stef, I appreciate your clever work. As it turns out it won't work for me. The problem is I can't run effects after the Soldano preamp and use output 2 with them at the same time, since it is looping back to input 1 right, unless you know of a way to put effects (delay, etc.) after the loop and still go (send them) to output 2.

Thanks again and great work on the Summers 2 patch,

Dave

gigawatt said:
Hey thanks Stef, I appreciate your clever work. As it turns out it won't work for me. The problem is I can't run effects after the Soldano preamp and use output 2 with them at the same time, since it is looping back to input 1 right, unless you know of a way to put effects (delay, etc.) after the loop and still go (send them) to output 2.

Thanks again and great work on the Summers 2 patch,

Dave

what goes back in input 1 is send "left" of output 2 for exemple.
after you can put effects (delay) and goes in the loop again, but in the "right" output.
for that you have to put a mixer or vol and pan hard left or right before the loop.

take care that in I/O you are in "stereo" input.

hope it helps.

it have to works it works for me with my distortion pedal.....
and i feed my amp without cab sim and the PA in stereo with cab sim...

Back
Top Bottom