Wish Route midi messages internally

HurdyGuigui

Inspired
Hello,
A while ago I made a wish to have the ability to route internally to the Axe itself the midi messages of the scene midi block. Now that we have the FC, I would like to reformulate this wish and extend it to the CS midi messages as this could allow a lot :

-Control looper behavior on a scene change (with scene midi block, ie, scene 1 : record, scene 2 : play, scene 3, stop....)
-Change the value of any external controller on a scene change (with the scene midi block)
-Change the value of any external controller with a switch press (with CS), currently there is no possible way to set a precise value of a controller with a switch press, it is either 0% or 100%
-Perform multiples tasks with a switch press : IE : turn effect on + looper play, or for example change AMP and CAB bypass/channel state at the same time.
-Control a parameter both with external pedal/switch or other midi controller and scene/CS.

All those items are already in the wish list but while I would love to have them addressed on their one, I want to point out that just having the ability to route midi messages internally would provide an instant workable solution for all of these, and probably more.

How it could work :

We would have a new channel entry : "Internal" for each midi message
From 0 to 16 : midi messages are routed to midi OUT
If set to 'Internal', midi message is routed internally (channel is set automatically to the Axe midi channel)

Note that this can be already achieved with a midi cable going from midi OUT to midi IN in the back of the Axe. But this is not handy as it adds one more cable, and if we use other midi gear, we also need an extra midi merge box.

Yes please
it would be great to have sometihng similar to junXion by Steim

a block having the possibilty
to really manipulate external or internal data such as
midi, pitch or level
and route this data to any point

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom